DmitrySenashenko3
Hello,
Our partner has OD app, EP 7.x and external database.
They use Report command of OD for putting report to Application log. This log is saved on external DB over EPM.

An issue: When external DB is disconnected by network issue then report is lost.
Question 1: Is there cache of messages on EP? If yes then how big is it? And how to set it size?
OD App sends by report command to EP webservice. EP via JDBC driver saves report to external DB.
I understand EP can have cache.
Question 2: The role of Aux is not clear at this case. Aux has WebService as well. But Aux doesn't have connection to External DB. Could it work here?
Question 3: What is right way for fix of such issue? Just to do direct connection to DB? Then App server doesn't have cache as well.

Best regards, Dmitry
WilsonYu
The DB connection is between EP and the external DB. OD does not have anything to do with it. You would have to bring the question to EP/Avaya support to see what you can do with the situation you are facing.
massimo__croci
Dimitry, for the first question you can take a look at 'Administering Avaya Aura Experience Portal' for release 7.x on DevConnect portal:

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_experience_portal/releases/7_0/index.gsp#tabs-product-downld-3

(link for 7.0 and 7.0.1, but here you can access to 7.1 and 7.2 )
DmitrySenashenko3
WilsonYu
I mean there is Report command. It should drop message to framework somehow.
My question is how framework sends message to EP?
If we have some Aux + EPM. Framework should choose needed IP. If this IP is not available then what is next?

Rg, Dmitry
WilsonYu
The OD framework reports messages only by calling the EPM web service. It is up to EPM to take care of any data storage.
Go to:   
Mobile view