ChagitPeled2
Our IVR applications on OD7.23 and deployed to Websphere 9.
We don't see any error on the trace.log but our monitoring tool indicates from time to time on error:
com.ibm.ws.naming.ipbase.NameSpace::lookupInternal:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name jdbc not found in context "java:comp/env".

when we make a single call to the IVR we don't see any error in any of the logs such as trace.log or systemout.log, but wonder if we can get better understanding what cause this error and how we can solve it.

I have attached 2 screenshots from the monitor tool.
  • [Thumb - broadcom monitor.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - broadcom monitor2.JPG]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
The OD runtime has some generic code that looks up the JNDI resource such as the JDBC. That code was designed to work for all the app server we support. It first tries the default JNDI "java:comp/env" namespace. If it doesn't work in case of some app server like Websphere, it would try a different option. We do handle the error in case the namespace does not work. Obviously, WAS logs it but it should be harmless.
ChagitPeled2
Thank you for you answer.

I wonder why we don't see this error on every call, can this impact the environment in anyway and is there a way we can fix this ?

Thank you, Chagit.
WilsonYu
Like I said, it is harmless. We are handling the exception. I wondering if you can get Websphere not to log this (handled exception) or somehow filter it out.
ChagitPeled2
Thank you for your help.
Go to:   
Mobile view