BrianPB
I am maintaining a fairly simple application which is using the Avaya DMCC sdk (v 8.1.2.76) for .NET. I have been able to make calls by sending button press calls to the Phone object. I can use the various CALL_APPL buttons and read the lamp indicators. However, I need to be able to log when the phone on the other end actually answers the call.

At this point, the only thing that I can see (by also using the dashboard) is that the display is updated twice, then an third time when the call is answered. There has to be a better way.

Is there any method or event which will let me know when a call stops ringing on the other end and is connected?

Thank you very much for your help.

Brian
JohnBiggs
the call control services of DMCC provide that type of functionality. To use them you will need a TSAPI license.
You may find that in lieu of a DMCC license you would prefer to use the call control functionality. If so stop registering the device and strictly use the call control services. If you begin using those services I highly recommend getting a copy of the TSAPI programmer's guide and using it as one of your references.

You will need to create a call control monitor and monitor for events on that monitor using a listener to get the answered event you are seeking.
BrianPB
Thanks for the quick response.

I will inquire about the TSAPI sdk, but I am pretty sure that I am tied to the DMCC sdk we have.
JohnBiggs
You do not need the TSAPI SDK, you can use the call control services of the DMCC SDK which expose 95% of the TSAPI API functionality without the cost of purchasing the TSAPI SDK.. Using DNCC call control services will impact the licensing you need, but I am fairly sure that a TSAPI Basic User license is less expensive than DMCC license but note they are separate licenses. Depending on what functionality you use from teh DMCC SDK will depend on if you need one the other or both licenses.

DMCC by itself is first party call control... basically you can build a H.323 phone out of its functionary. As you are aware the phone itself is not aware the far end answered or not... it is something the human (or computer) using the phone figures out based on what is happening on the audio channel. The pattern you see on the display updates is not a guarantee the call has been answered.
BrianPB
When you say "call control services" above, do you mean the ThirdPartyCallController object on the ServiceProvider? My understanding is that this is used for handling calls to other extensions and I cannot dial an outside number using MakeCall.

Or are you referring to the Media class and the CallInformation class?

JohnBiggs
Yes ThirdPartyCallController

My understanding is that this is used for handling calls to other extensions
A: it is, and that is what you are talking about needing to do

and I cannot dial an outside number using MakeCall.
A: You have been misinformed... MakeCall() can place a call to any extension/ public number that the station it is triggering call originations on behalf of can place.
BrianPB
That was what I was thinking. I even looked up your instructions in a post from 7 years ago to use MakeCall, but I keep getting an error of type
<operation>generic</operation>

I'm using the device ID for the extension (I can control the buttons from my code, so I assume it's correct) and use the third party controller to get a third party device id for the outside number, sending my switch name and the outside number as I would dial it (e.g. "92225551212").
JohnBiggs
it seems that the error codes are intent on making troubleshooting difficult.
Can you enable TSAPI tracing on AES and capture the actual exchange response from the g3trace. Also enable and provide the exchange shown in teh DMCC trace file

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/index.gsp#10

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/dmcc/other.gsp#60
Go to:   
Mobile view