SwatiSingh
We're seeing the line "A cookie header was received [/xyz_project; $Domain=******************] that contained an invalid cookie. The cookie will be ignored." in catalina.out logs.

From searching online, I think this is because the bit in square brackets contains a "/" character and a "$" character, of which one or both are now considered invalid for cookie headers. This is due to stricter validation in a new CookieProcessor, introduced in Tomcat 8.

Another suggestion is that we can replace the new CookieProcessor with the LegacyCookieProcessor, which doesn't have this extra validation and thus the logs will vanish. I do not think this is the right thing to do. Reverting to older software just kicks the problem further down the road for later, leaves us a potential trap to be caught out by this validation at a later date.

The real solution should involve finding where the cookie comes from and fixing it.

Is there some logging we can turn on that will show us where this header is being sent from so it can be fixed.
WilsonYu
I recognize this was a problem in 7.1.0.1202 when there was "/" at the start of the cookie. We corrected that for 7.2.
SwatiSingh
which jar or resource version are we talking about here?
WilsonYu
OD 7.2. What version are you on?
SwatiSingh
We are using AAOD 7.2.2
WilsonYu
I am not able to reproduce the problem. Can you make sure in the Tomcat/lib the scertcommon<version>.jar is 07.22 and it is the only scertcommon jar file there?
SwatiSingh
Yes I confirmed under tomcat lib jar and version are present only once. scertcommon-07.22.10.04.jar
WilsonYu
Do you have some logs where I can see this actually comes from?
SwatiSingh
sent redacted logs on PM, might need to check that.
March_561
I am also seeing the same kind of cookie error since last two weeks on the top of my tab in a line. And the line goes as "A cookie header was received [/xyz_project; $Domain=******************] that contained an invalid cookie. The cookie will be ignored."
Please help us to resolve the issue.

AARP Medicare
WilsonYu
Can you show me the log that shows the invalid cookie? That's what I am asking for. I can't reproduce the error.
Go to:   
Mobile view