CarlosVanegas
I'm trying to consume a REST web service using the REST Web service operation file.

In this file I have added to the "Message Body" the entry JSON{_JSONBody_} since I need to send json on the request body.

I have also added a header Content-Type and set it to application/json.

However, I'm having two issues, or so the Web service owners tell me.

First: The request body has a line feed and a carriage return on the json opening and closing curly bracket, they want me to remove the lf/cr from the body.

Second: The Content-Type they are getting from me is text/xml

Any idea how to resolve these two issues?

Thanks

UPDATE: I'm now being told that they are receiving "application/json" in the header from me, but their system is converting it to "text/html". They are suspecting this is happening because "the body/json is in string format"
WilsonYu
What version of OD is this?
CarlosVanegas
The version of OD is 7.2.2
Thanks.
WilsonYu
I can't really reproduce this problem. You said you saw a lf/cr first. Did you verify it is not already in the string you somehow set in the variable? I suppose the presence of this special character contributes to the 2nd problem.
CarlosVanegas
Thanks for your input.

The owner of the WS finally figure out that it was an issue on their side and the way they were parsing our payload. Once I used the HTTP monitor I could see that our headers were correct and they had to do a bit more "digging" on their side.

The CR/LF issue was resolved by me picking the variable {_JSONBody_} in the "Message Body" instead of me typing it.... oops.

Again thanks for your help.
Go to:   
Mobile view