P.Bobek
Hello folks,

I would like to know if it is possible to add a new party directly to an existing call. But with the usual alerting at the new party.
The functions LucentV5Call::addParty and CallControlCall::addParty both add the new party without alerting them.
Is there another function I missed?
To be explicit, I dont want to initiate a second call and merge it with CallCOntrolCall::conference.

Best regards
MartinFlynn
Unfortunately, there is no other option as what you describe here is a conference. There are only two possibilities, neither of which will completely meet your requirements:

1. Single Step Conference using LucentV5Call::addParty or CallControlCall::addParty. As you said, the extra party is not alerted but is added immediately into the call.

2. A multi-step conference (blind or supervised). This involves putting the first call on-hold, making a new call and merging the two calls. Using a blind conference (merge before the new party answers) will give the closest approximation to what you want. It is possible to slightly simplify the process by using LucentCall.consult() (or one of its variants). This will place the first call on hold and initiate the second call. The application must then merge the calls using something like CallControlCall.conference().

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view