MortenSkjelland
Hi, we need to be able to maintain a list of ip addresses and servicestate for all connected devices, h323 type deskphones and sip devices (such as Polycom wireless devices). I can use SMS or SNMP towards CM to get a list of devices but this only works for H323 phones, not for SIP phones. This makes sense as they connect to SM and not CM. What is the recommended way to maintain this information for all device types ?
JohnBiggs
So far (6.2) System Manager does not support an API to acquire this information. It is available through the web OA&M for System Manager, but not through a SDK/API. We'll have to keep watching the System Manager product releases to see when this is delivered.
MortenSkjelland
I thought SIP phones connected to Session Manager, not System Manager, does Session Manager have such an api ?
MortenSkjelland
One more question. Does any part of the Avaya system support sending SNMP traps (or another type of notification) when device state changes (on-hook -> off-hook or similar) ? It seems hard to maintain status for a large installation using SNMP poll (or other types of poll protocols), or relying on subscription service from each phone.
JohnBiggs
SIP phones register with Session Manager, but System Manager is the access point for provisioning and status information. Session Manager must have some methodology for providing System Manager the information, but that is not exposed for consumption by third parties.

The SNMP trap capabilities of Avaya Aura are focused on maintenance (error) reporting, and not call status reporting. Call state change events are provided through CTI monitors on devices (stations) through SDKs such as DMCC, TSAPI or JTAPI (i.e. "a subscription service from each phone").
Go to:   
Mobile view