maspandel
Hello.

I need to connect a VXML app to an external called party via a consultation transfer node and play a prompt to the called party before the transfer.

I'm not able to do the last part (play a prompt to the called party before the transfer).

I tried either a prompt and a translational prompt as 'Transfer Audio' in the consultation transfer item but no success.

Any tips ?
WilsonYu
I am not sure if you have the concept of the call transfer right. Typically, once the callee answers the call, the transfer is completed. He can only hear the message when he answers the call, which also mean the transfer is done. The difference between blink transfer and consultation transfer is in consultation transfer the platform is still in the call between the caller and the callee. So I don't think it makes sense when you say you want the callee to hear the message before the transfer.
maspandel
Ok, thanks.

Just a clarification:

Scenario: VXML app - consultation transfer node to connect caller to collee.

Call flow: the node is transferring the call -> callee's phone rings -> the callee picks up the phone (the transfer is now completed) -> a presentation .wav file is played to the callee, after that the callee starts talking to the caller.

Is it possible to implement this scenario with just VXML? or CCXML has to be involved?

WilsonYu
In a VXML app, the callee will not be able to hear the message which is played before the transfer. If you want the callee to hear the message, you would have to use CCXML. In CCXML, a new call will be made to the called first. When the callee answers the call, a message will be played by invoking a vxml dialog from CCXML. Once the dialog exits, the original call and the new call can be merged.
maspandel
Thank you very much !

Last thing: Is it possible to perform a blind or consultation transfer with CCXML? I'd like to freed up all ports when the customer picks up the phone.
WilsonYu
Yes. Once the calls are merged or joined, the call will exit the CCXML thus the port would be released.
Go to:   
Mobile view