KirSucre
Hello!

We are developing custom solution which is about to interact with Avaya via JTAPI.
Unfortunately, we have no access to working Avaya currently, thats why we try to find the way to test our solution with another way.
We found uot, that its possible to use Remote Lab 5 such as test environment, but it provide only success cases (like Call is active), but we need to test different scenarious (like user didnt answer, phone number invalid, etc..). Is it performable with this solution? Where exactly it is possible to learn from how to do it?

Thank you in advance!
JohnBiggs
the AES/CM remote lab will allow you to test a JTAPI application.

Have you reviewed the information on this page
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/prod...ns/aes_cm_remote_lab/index.gsp

along with downloading the user guides for the labs? If not please do, that will probably answer the majority of your questions. Additionally the labs are free, so there is no harm (other than time) in requesting a slot and playing around to see what is possible. Testing no answer, busy and other such scenarios is certainly possible.
KirSucre
JohnBiggs wrote:the AES/CM remote lab will allow you to test a JTAPI application.

Have you reviewed the information on this page
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/prod...ns/aes_cm_remote_lab/index.gsp

along with downloading the user guides for the labs? If not please do, that will probably answer the majority of your questions. Additionally the labs are free, so there is no harm (other than time) in requesting a slot and playing around to see what is possible. Testing no answer, busy and other such scenarios is certainly possible.

ofcourse, we have downloaded the documentation and tried to play around with labs.
It provide the success scenario.
I mean, the sequence of our interaction with it looks like
we: make call, extension number 1234, destination number 4321
avaya: ok, call is active

there are no options for make avaya answer "number is bisy" or 'destination number incorrect'/
We have spend about two days to figure out how to manage with it, but no results. Can you say, probably, where in documentation to watch how to make it?
Filename Application.java [Disk] Download
JohnBiggs
I 'think' you think that through JTAPI you can signal that the called number is busy or invalid when a call is received back to the calling party. That isn't how JTAPI works. It provides events/information regarding what is happening at a station device. It is a third party service ... it is an observer or requester of a first party.

What is it you are actually trying to accomplish by sending back state information when a device receives a call? Perhaps a different API could help, or a modification to your call flow to allow a decision to be made before the call arrives at the destination party.

To encounter a busy condition the destination phone must be in a busy state.
Given the configuration of the endpoints in the remote lab has 3 call appearances, to be busy two of the three call appearances must have calls on them. The third is reserved for outbound calls from the device.

To test a busy condition:
A calls B.
C calls B
(now B is in a busy state - there are no available call appearances to receive a third call).
If you have a monitor on D, and D calls B then you should get an indication that the destination party is busy (I believe).
There will be no indication sent to B of the call attempt.

I don't know if JTAPI/TSAPI can provide a indication that the called number is invalid it may simply indicate that the call failed. To test that you must find an extension that is not in the dial plan/list of extensions within the remote lab. The list of response codes can be found in the TSAPI programmer's guide for Communication Manager (https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/db143c4a-3fd0-4d58-b684-4b5cf84a342f) starting on page 997.
JohnBiggs
To find an invalid station extension I would use the SAT to do a 'list station' command and look for gaps or where the list ends and dial the next extension in sequence.
KirSucre
JohnBiggs wrote:To find an invalid station extension I would use the SAT to do a 'list station' command and look for gaps or where the list ends and dial the next extension in sequence.

Thank you a lot for you help and excuse for noob questions in advance, hope you will help further:)

no. i dont think that JTAPI can provide the a indication that the called number is invalid or smth else, but, probably I incorrectly understand logic of lab works.

As I see the logic (please check me, if i correct):
Avaya give a environment (like a..cloud?) with fake source phones (H.323 Extensions for your use 24101 – 24103 and 20001 – 20005; SIP Extensions for your use 25101 – 25103 and 21011 – 21015), that pretend to be your 'call center'.
You application can order (if you make it properly) that fake phones to call somewhere. but you dont have real phones at you table and you cant real imitate hanging up or down, cant hear ring, the only thing you got - is a event you received from avaya (call active).
You offer to call this extension one to other to imitate the 'call is busy"?
As an experiment we order the avaya to call to my mobile phone
we receive the event "call is active" but it was no incoming call to my phone, ofcourse.
JohnBiggs
The lab is hosted at our facilities but from your perspective it can be considered to be in the cloud.
There are 6 connected phones, three H.323 and three SIP at our location. Occasionally there are issues and these phones need to be reset. Given Covid, we are not in the facility very often to check on them. If they are unresponsive please open a remote lab ticket and we will have someone reset them - that may take a couple of days to accomplish.

Through the lab documentation (this is covered in the lab user guide), we give you information on how to download softphone software, install it, and configure it to use with the lab. Thus you can have phones that are connected to the lab in your hands. If you connect softphones to the lab you need to use one PC per softphone - that is a limitation of the softphones we are providing. The lab allows up to 5 VPN connections per account. That should give you enough connections for your application, an work PC, and 3 additional PCs hosting softphones.

The lab is totally self contained, it does not have public trunking connections. Thus you must use the phones we have connected, or phones that you connect (recommended) to do your testing.
KirSucre
JohnBiggs wrote:we give you information on how to download softphone software, install it,.

Could you please clarify where it possible to download some kind of trial version of softphone? in lab documentation there is only information about how to configure it.
JohnBiggs
When you make a remote lab reservation, in the confirmation email, you should be provided FTP information to acquire a copy of the softphone product. Have you made a remote lab reservation? If so for which lab?
KirSucre
JohnBiggs wrote:When you make a remote lab reservation, in the confirmation email, you should be provided FTP information to acquire a copy of the softphone product. Have you made a remote lab reservation? If so for which lab?

Yes, but it was long time ago and i cleaned my inbox after it. I made it again to get the new mail but have not get it yet. the remote lab 5.
Go to:   
Mobile view