EdwardBrandow
In testing if I create a conference using CCXML and i add the VXML dialog with the connection id as my incoming ID, it works
<dialogstart type="'application/voicexml+xml'"
connectionid = "incoming_conn_id"
src="'http://165.115.125.37:8443/CNRail_Driver/Start'" />

But I need to add the VXML dialog to the conference like this

conferenceid = "conferenceid"

but that does not work. When I run the CCXML application, the application responds with continuous "Sorry I didn't get that" and errors out. It seems to me that when I add the dialog to my incoming id, the echo cancellation blocks the audio from the VXML application to be interpreted by the Nuance ASR servers, but if I add the VXML dialog to the 'conference' the echo cancellation fails and the application is basically interrupting itself.

I am using AEP 8.0 and OD 8.0
WilsonYu
There are some CCXML sample app such as CallingCardCC. Have you taken a look at those?
EdwardBrandow
yes I copied the code for ConferencePredefined and made it my own. And just like that app, I use the same features. Make call, join call, conference, and then I invoke a VXML dialog that I want to add to the conference, just like that sample app. Initially I added the dialog to just the incoming connection id and that worked, but the other party on the conference of course could not hear the IVR/VXML app, so I changed the dialogstart so that it uses the conference id, just like the sample app. But that is wen the speech recognition feature of the VXML dialog hears things on the line and get interrupted over and over until it fails with 3 retries. And if I speak something from within the IVR that has barge-in off, like and error message, that is played to the conference in full without interruptions.

The 2nd party on my conference is a recorded line, so at first I blamed that application for playing some kind of noise which caused the problem, but they are not playing anything at all. Plus when we play back the recordings the only thing we can hear is the iVR and nothing else. no noise on the line at all.

So the next thing I tried was to make a conference and only join it with the incoming line and then use the dialogstart with the conference id, and the same problem occurs. So the problem cannot be the recorder since that was not part of this test, and the problem cannot be the incoming caller has background noise, because when the dialogstart is added to only the incoming id, it works fine.

The only time it fails is when we add the dialogstart to the conference id.
WilsonYu
It is easier if you take a look at the browser log on EP to see what the error says.
massimo__croci
Just an idea for adding the VXML dialog to the conference, I never tested on AOD. Maybe it helps

<transition ...>
<assign name="conferenceid" expr="event$.conferenceid"/>
<dialogprepare type="'application/voicexml+xml'"
src="'http://......l'" />
</transition>

<transition ...>
<assign name="dialogid" expr="event$.dialogid"/>
<dialogstart prepareddialogid="dialogid"
connectionid="connectionid"/>
</transition>

EdwardBrandow
2 comments -

There are no errors in the MPP logs to check

and I can try what you wrote, but it looks the same as I have. The VXML dialog is added to the conference and that is where I am getting the feedback
EdwardBrandow
Are there any answers to this problem? I am not able to start a conference call and add a VXML dialog without feedback into the VXML ASR application
EdwardBrandow
Massiio,

I see your comment, but that is my problem as stated. If I add the dialog to the conference id, then it does not work. The feedback or echo cancellation or whatever interferes with the Speech Recognizers and interrupts the dialog

But I need to add the VXML dialog to the conference like this

but that does not work.
massimo__croci
Hi Edward.

So, basically, you need something as follows

src="'http://....'" />

Nothing on templates I collected.

Let me check if I'm able to get some useful info on this request.
EdwardBrandow
I coded that and it connects all parties but it does not work. What I need is it to work correctly.

Whenever I use the conference id to start the VXML dialog, like your example, the IVR just keeps getting cutoff and responded to some form of BARGE IN from the conference bridge . Its like if you called the IVR and just start saying BLAH BLAH BLAH, the IVR would respond with ' sorry I didn't get that, say English for english or say French for French" - and then again if you keep talking the IVR would error again with "sorry I didn't get that" , until it finally gives up and transfers you to an agent.

When I start the dialog using the conference id the only prompts that the IVR can speak fully and not be interrupted by the conference are those prompts where BARGE IN is disabled.

So you would think that one of the parties on the conference bridge is talking or making noise that interrupts the IVR, but that is not the case. We have the entire call recorded and there is ZERO noise on any of the lines we have connected.

It basically when you invoke a Speech Application using the conference id as the id it does not work.

So I have it coded just like your example, but it does not work.

I even tried to build a conference with 1 caller and use that conference in the dialog, but that failed in the exact same manner.

The conference does not with with a Speech enabled IVR

EdwardBrandow
if you look at the sample application for ConferencePredefined CCXML application I did it just like the examples. In the examples they use the conference ID to invoke a VXML dialog application, and I did it the same way, but at the customer the IVR gets barged-in and interrupted. I need to understand what is happening and have it fixed.
EdwardBrandow
I just did a test call and the results are clear. If I start a VXML dialog on the conference it only works if I disable barge In. If I disable barge in the IVR speaks the entire prompts and waits for input, however at the 2nd menu i enable barge in and I do not speak but yet the IVR is interrupted and the IVR speaks error messages because whatever interrupted the IVR was not understood by the Nuance recognizer.

So the bottom line is when you add an ASR enabled VXML dialog to a conference call it might be that echo cancellation does not work and the IVR is not usable.
WilsonYu
If the app is picking up some noise even the caller was silent it could be the device. The only option you can try on the application side is changing the bargin type from speech to hotword.
EdwardBrandow
No, the recorded line is silent. We had them supply the recordings. I think this is a platform issue. When I re-tested without adding the second line the problem persisted.

What I did was create a conference, join the incoming callid to the conference, then I started the dialogstart using the conference id and the exact same thing occurs. The application cannot handle it and it continues to be interrupted.

For this conference we only have 1 line, the incoming caller, which is me, and I was silent.

I will have to escalate the issue thru the PM.
EdwardBrandow
and if I initiate the dialogstart with the conferenceid then I loosed the DNIS in the OD application.

when I do this

in the OD logs the DNIS is missing
25/05/2021 17:07:42:090 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 03B68C24339EA31EB77F9C8004CA3B76:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___dnis to complex: session:dnis as []
25/05/2021 17:07:42:090 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 03B68C24339EA31EB77F9C8004CA3B76:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___mediatype to complex: session:mediatype as [unknown]
25/05/2021 17:07:42:090 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 03B68C24339EA31EB77F9C8004CA3B76:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___protocolname to complex: session:protocolname as [Conference]

but when I run it using the connetion id of the incoming caller I get it correctly
25/05/2021 17:08:56:177 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 612AF986EAFAB23E4904B18461F0D4BF:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___dnis to complex: session:dnis as [4388442520]
25/05/2021 17:08:56:177 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 612AF986EAFAB23E4904B18461F0D4BF:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___mediatype to complex: session:mediatype as [unknown]
25/05/2021 17:08:56:177 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 612AF986EAFAB23E4904B18461F0D4BF:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___protocolname to complex: session:protocolname as [sip]
25/05/2021 17:08:56:177 [com.avaya.runtimecommon.platforms.vp.tracking.TraceWriter.writeln] INFO - 612AF986EAFAB23E4904B18461F0D4BF:/CNRail_Driver : Storing :session___protocolversion to complex: session:protocolversion as [2.0]

I need real help here not just a chat dialog .
Go to:   
Mobile view