UmeshC
Hi,

addCallListener() on Avaya Terminal
-----------------------------------------
We are calling addCallListener() on 2 Avaya Terminal initially. And made call from terminal 1 to terminal 2. We are getting call events for both terminal So this is fine.

After some time we removed call listener from 2nd terminal. And now made call from terminal 2 to terminal 1. For this we are getting respective events for terminal 1 and terminal 2.
Is this correct behavior of call listener on terminal.

If I compare it to addCallObserver() on terminal method of standard JTAPI then following thing happens-

addCallObserver() on Terminal
------------------------------------
We are calling addCallObserver() on 2 Avaya Terminal initially. And made call from terminal 1 to terminal 2. We are getting call events for both terminal So this is fine.

After some time we removed call observer from 2nd terminal. And now made call from terminal 2 to terminal 1. For this we will get events for terminal 1 only and not for terminal 2.

Can you please help me to understand difference?

Also if I want to achieve scenario 2 which listener I need to add on terminal so that for agent to agent call we get event only for monitored event.

Thanks & Regards,
Umesh
JohnBiggs
not sure if this helps with what you are seeing, but a monitor on a terminal provides events for all CALLS the terminal participates in. A call includes multiple parties, thus you should be getting events for all parties in the CALL.

Compare the results you are seeing to just placing a monitor on terminal one or terminal 2 and then placing a call to the other party. Are the results consistent with the test where you add monitors to both terminals and then release one of the monitors and begin to place calls?
UmeshC
Thanks John, I will check that.
MartinFlynn
IIRC, JTAPI Observers were deprecated by Avaya over 10 years ago so you should not use them.

JTAPI is based on a standard object model and I think things may make more sense to you if you familiarize yourself with it. I know it is possible to get books that describe JTAPI and I am sure there are several websites which could be helpful.

martin
Go to:   
Mobile view