LMD-DTT
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be asking this. I've tried to sign up for a Support forum account but I can't get beyond the Captcha (Verification expired. Check the checkbox again.) ¬.¬

Anyway, I've been asked if the CM 8.0 is able to output QoS stats (in order to feed them into a Call Management System for reporting purposes). We're able to get CDRs all ok, but I can't seem to see a way of exporting QoS stats from the CM. Looking at the Avaya Aura Communication Manager Feature Description and Implementation.pdf I can't see any information on getting these. I did see however that the Aura Media Server can be used to display QoS, but I can't see any options in there to export them either.

Are QoS stats completely un-exportable from the CM? :s

Thanks ^^
JohnBiggs
Captcha - try a different browser/ update your browser version? Not sure what that problem may be, but you could open a General Support ticket to get help on that. https://www.devconnectprogram.com/ticket/generalTicket

what kind of quality of service stats? RTCP? or speed of service by agents and queue wait times? something else? Is that a SAT screen that provides the information you are hoping to get?
LMD-DTT
JohnBiggs wrote:Captcha - try a different browser/ update your browser version? Not sure what that problem may be, but you could open a General Support ticket to get help on that. https://www.devconnectprogram.com/ticket/generalTicket

what kind of quality of service stats? RTCP? or speed of service by agents and queue wait times? something else? Is that a SAT screen that provides the information you are hoping to get?

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I've taken so long to respond.

Jitter, round trip time, packet loss, etc. Sorry I'm not sure what RTCP means. I've been thrown into this (as we had someone that previously looked at this kind of stuff) and asked if QoS stats are exportable from the CM. Media Server seems to show what we need by configuring SDRs to display the fields we'd want, but I can't see a way in the documentation to export the SDRs. Plus going the Media Server route would mean paying extra for that functionality, whereas on earlier CMs I believe there was a way to export QoS stats using RTP (I think it's called - I really don't know much about it) directly; I can't see a way to do this with 8.0. If we have to use Media Server, it's then a question of how we can export those SDRs.

Thanks again.
JohnBiggs
Jitter, round trip time, packet loss, etc. are what you would get from an RTCP (Real Time Control Protocol) stream. You really should get the RFC and read it given your assignment.

Avaya endpoints can be configured to send this information to a server. Communication Manager can likewise be configured to send this data to a server, where it is collected, and analyzed for the purpose of providing information about the quality of service occuring along network paths used for RTP media at the site.

I dont know, but I would suspect that by configuring CM to provide RTCP information to a server, the Avaya Media Server would provide what it knows to this same server. I know that the G-series gateways did, and would anticipate the media servers to follow suit.

For how to configure CM to provide the stats, a google search for "avaya communication manager RTCP configuration" will turn up examples of how to configure CM to send RTCP information to a server since a lot of companies are leveraging this functionality in their products. Most of these companies are also collecting information from Avaya endpoints as well so it is a good place to look for that information.

Avaya phones have a section in the RTCP event stream of additional useful propritary information. In order to be able to decode that portion of the RTCP events you would need to become a paying DevConnect member under non disclosure to receive that information.
Go to:   
Mobile view