mguthrie
OD 7.2.3.0803. I wrote a test application that calls a web service, and then hangs up. The web service has a Thread.Wait(30000), meaning it sleeps for 30 seconds. I set a Property in the Root node to include the following:

Transitional Audio:
Delay Seconds: 2s
Minimum play seconds: 2s

General:
Fetch timeout: 45s

The webservice itself is also set for a 45 second timeout. When the web service is called within OD, the transitional audio plays, but after about 7 seconds it cuts off. There is silence until the remaining 23 seconds passes, and then the web service call is complete and the application hangs up.

Why is the transitional audio only lasting around 7 seconds? How do I make it play for the complete duration? Even if I set the "minimum play seconds" to the full 30 seconds, it still cuts off after around 7 seconds.
WilsonYu
I can't reproduce this problem in the simulator. Do you have the problem in simulation or live call?
mguthrie
Live call. Can web service calls actually be done in the simulator?
WilsonYu
Yes, why not as long as your dev machine has connection to the web service via http. So to diagnose this problem, you would first take a look at the trace.log with vxml and make sure you see these elements.

<property name="fetchaudio" value="http://localhost:8080/testapp/data/english/phrases/p1.wav" />
<property name="fetchaudiodelay" value="2s" />
<property name="fetchaudiominimum" value="30s" />

Then it is the voice browser on the platform (for live calls) that process them. May have to go there too see why the audio stops at prematurely.
mguthrie
Sorry for the delay in my response. I tried the application with the application simulator, and the entire transitional audio played.

On the server the application is deployed on, I see all three of those values (fetchaudio, fetchaudiodelay, fetchaudiominimum) in the logs and the values are correct. But of course on the server the audio gets cut off at around the 5 second mark.
WilsonYu
You have to have support to take a look on the platform side.
Go to:   
Mobile view