butterklopsi
Hello,

in the Client SDK I found the new classes for elite agents. The AgentService is always null. The "user.agentServiceStatus" always returns
ServiceStatus {disabled - NOT_CONFIGURED}

For the station I configured the "agnt-login", "aux-work", "autoin", "manual-in" and "add-rem-sk" buttons.
What else is needed to get the clientservice configured?

Kind regards

Børge
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

You need to enable the agent configuration by following settings:

SET AGENT_ENABLED 1
SET AGENT_LOGIN_ID ""
SET AGENT_PASSWORD ""

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
butterklopsi
Hi,

thanks for the reply. Where should I set these settings?

Regards

Børge
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

You need to set these parameters in the 46xxSettings file/auto configuration file.

I hope you are using Client SDK for Android platform. (Not Java SDK)

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
butterklopsi
Hi,

yes I am using the Android Client SDK (Version 4.15.0).
I tried to set these parameters in the auto configuration file but as far as I know, there is no option to automatically process the configuration file. I downloaded the configuration-file using "client.downloadService.retrieveTextFromUrl(downloadConfiguration, url, downloadCompletionHandler)". Within the SettingsFileParser i have to manually override the "setVariable()" method. So I have to set the variable manually or is there an option to automatically process the configuration-file?

Regards

Børge
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Please refer to the below post, which provided info about using auto-configuration and having sample code.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/23872.page

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
butterklopsi
Hello,

this answer does not help me. I already read this thread a couple of times but it does not contain any helpful sample code. The second post contains a link to another thread where there is written:
CSDK has no built-in functionality to retrieve configuration from server, parse it and configure itself.
This functionality should be implemented by UI side.
The only thing that can provide CSDK to help you is to actually download file from server.
CSDK has DownloadService and the methods inside: DownloadFile, RetrieveDataFromUrl, RetrieveTextFromUrl.

So my current state is: I set the params in the autoconfiguration file, used the DownloadService to download the configuration but now it need to be processed. As already mentioned, I had a look at the "ConfigurationFileParser" which is an abstract class and needs to override the "setVariable()" manually.
So the question remains: how can I get the params received from autoconfiguration file into the instance of Client SDK?

Regards

Børge
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Once you receive the value for AGENT_ENABLE and other parameters from autoconfig, you need to set them in SIPAgentConfiguration.

You will find the API details here:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/android/communication/api_refs/com/avaya/clientservices/provider/sip/SIPAgentConfiguration.html#SIPAgentConfiguration--

You can get it through UserConfiguration -> getSIPUserConfiguration() -> getSIPAgentConfiguration()/setSIPAgentConfiguration().

Hope this will help!

Thanks and Regards,
Avaya DevConnect Team.
Go to:   
Mobile view