GaborFenyvesi2
Dear Support,
When we try to register a device with DEPENDENT mode, and there is no MAIN registration on the device, then for a few devices we get this:
"3014: Registration Reject reason: resourceUnavailable Request rejected from switch with denial code= 18316, denial reason="
Our application considers this error as a normal situation: "Error Message: 3014: Registration Reject reason: resourceUnavailable Shared control denied because the DCP phone is out of service.", but we do not know what is "denial code= 18316". Can you explain what that means?
Thanks,
Gabor Fenyvesi
JohnBiggs
Denial Codes are helpful to Avaya support team members for diagnostic purposes. In this case AES has mapped the value to the text description which is more informative of what the issue is. AES has provided both the numeric value it received from Communication Manager, and the text description that it maps to (which is stored on AES).

A Dependent mode device MUST have a main mode device registered before it can be registered.
GaborFenyvesi2
Thanks. Maybe a dummy question: what is the recommended way:
- first query the registration state and not try to register if there is no MAIN registration
- try to register without checking the MAIN registration, and ignore the failure if the error is "resourceUnavailable"
Regards,
Gabor
JohnBiggs
It depends on what the application is up to. If you don't care if there is a main device registered, use Independent mode. If you do care, use dependent mode (or independent and pay attention to registration state events - but that then requires a TSAPI license). OR the application can BE the main mode device. It all depends on the type of service you are trying to build.

Do you need to know that there is a main (RTP receiving device) registered? Are you a helper app for a deskphone or softphone? These answers will lead you to what type of registration makes sense for your application.
GaborFenyvesi2
Hi,
Thanks, we are doing Multiple Registrations call recording, and usually use the INDEPENDENT mode, but a new customer does not like it, because the CM assigns calls to the INDEPENDENTly registered devices (even if there is no MAIN registration), so they want us to use the DEPENDENT mode.
I realized that maybe my first question was not clear: so we receive this, and would like to know what it means:
3014: Registration Reject reason: resourceUnavailable Request rejected from switch with denial code= 18316, denial reason=
There is no test representation of denial code= 18316.
Regards,
Gabor
JohnBiggs
18316 actually is a reference to a specific place in the code base. while the print says it is a denial code, it isn't.... denial codes do not exceed 9999

Interestingly I can find 18315 and 18317 in the code base, which implies someone has removed 18316 from the code base I am looking at, So what specific CM release are you running against? to find out at the CM SAT do a 'display software-version' or at a Linux prompt do a swversion

the 3014 looks like a old value that CMAPI used to map certain denials into till they figured out that mapping multiple errors to one value only made troubleshooting more complex.
GaborFenyvesi2
Dear Support,
I just got the CM version: R018x.01.0.890.0
Thanks,
Gabor Fenyvesi
JohnBiggs
interesting... I still can not find it.

At the SAT do a 'list trace ip-station ras XXXXXX'
where XXXXXX is the extension that you are trying to register.
Run your app.
Capture the output.

I think you are looking for some resource (CLAN? MPP?) that is not available for the device registration you are attempting.
Go to:   
Mobile view