TyOh2
Hello

We are trying out the new Service Observing feature mentioned in Page 8 of the Release Notes 4.15.0.

We are using Windows SDK.
We see the following functions which is exactly what we would like to use.

CallFeatureService.StartServiceObserving
CallFeatureService.StopServiceObserving
CallFeatureService.ChangeServiceObservingMode

However, on startup, I can see from SDK Debug logs, that it says the feature is UnAvailalble and UNINITIALIZED.
We've checked the Class or Restriction settings in CM, so it appears there is something else.

Any idea where we we need to configure this. On the SessionManager / SystemManager? Additional CM settings?

Here's the SDK Debug log extract on startup.

2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag:  - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = FORWARD_ALL_CALLS

2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = FORWARD_BUSY_NO_ANSWER_CALLS
2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = SERVICE_OBSERVING
2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = SEND_ALL_CALLS
2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = EC500
2021-08-16 13:08:02,822 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = ENHANCED_CALL_FORWARDING
2021-08-16 13:08:02,823 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CSIPFeatureManager[701]::NotifyFeatureStatusUpdate: Unhandled feature: limit-call
2021-08-16 13:08:02,823 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(), CallFeatureListAvailable = false, CallFeatureStatusAvailable = true, Feature = UNINITIALIZED
2021-08-16 13:08:02,823 [31] DEBUG [CCT.ApplicationFramework.Modules.SipAvaya.SipAvayaClientManager.Client_LogMessage(650)] SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: CCallFeatureServiceImpl::OnCallFeatureStatusChanged(): Feature status has not changed for feature: UNINITIALIZED

ware16.avaya.com
Thanks for your query!

To use the Service Observe feature, you need to configure it as 'feature buttons' in User settings. This you can do it using accessing your SM through web portal (SMGR)

Go to Users -> Manager Users -> Search for the user which you want to configure as supervisor -> select edit.
Go to the "button assignment" tab and add "sip-sobsrv" and the agent id which you want to observe.

Hope this will help!

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team.

TyOh2
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

I've added the button via SystemManager. See screenshot 1.

But when I try to check the ServiceObserving Feature, is still says NotSupported. See screenshot 2.

I think I'm nearly there, what else could I be missing?
  • [Thumb - screenshot 2.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - screenshot 1.png]
[Disk] Download
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

It looks like the feature list is not updated in your case.

Can you please try few things?
1. try to re-login after adding the feature button on the server.
2. Please check few logs like "CompareFeaturesAndNotifyCapabilityChanged" or "OnCallFeatureListChanged" to identify if SO feature got added or not.
3. Make sure you see the SO feature in Notify coming from the server for "Event: avaya-cm-feature-status".

If you are still not able to find the root cause then please share the logs so we can help you.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
TyOh2
Thanks for the reply!

Ok, we got further.
It's working for Avaya WorkPlace.
But it's not working for Avaya Agent for Desktop.
I get a popup balloon saying "Feature request failed, please contact your system administrator."
Screenshot attached.

I guess Avaya Agent for Desktop is doing it similarly with the with the SDK.

And where are these logs located?
* CompareFeaturesAndNotifyCapabilityChanged
* OnCallFeatureListChanged

Thanks so much!
  • [Thumb - screenshot.png]
[Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view