SimonBrown
Hi,

AACC 7.1.1 , Workspaces 3.8.0.0

I have a few questions around functionality to add text URL links (an External Survey) to a Chat message and Email Message.

Looking at Widget Framework document I see I can InsertMessageIntoResponseArea for Chat and insertContentIntoEmailBody or sendEmailMessage for Emails but;

1. For the Email, where will this content go, if the agent is writing a response to sender?
2. Can I force content to be appended to end of agent response?

3. I need to insert the links to Chat and Email before the agent completes the interaction but I believe the onInteractionEndedEvent is too late for me to affect the responses?

Feels like there should be an event like onBeforeInterationEndedEvent to allow me to call other methods to apply any final processing to the interaction, am I missing something?

Forgive some of the questions, I do not have a working lab AACC with workspaces so unable to trial and experiment with workspace design, probably a separate Topic question but how would Avaya suggest developing and testing widgets offline, is there some simulator we can use (even if unsupported)?
I have only used AngularJS for workspaces so fairly new to it even though I am ok with Javascript.

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
Colm012024
Hi Simon 

#1 and #2: The content is added to the the end of the email. The subject, if passed, will override the existing subject if there is one.  If not passed, the subject will remain untouched. 

#3. Yes onInteractionEndedEvent will fire after the interaction has ended, so too late for what they've descried. 

I'm assuming you want to append some text to the end of an email as it's sent, and send some final message in a chat window when the interaction is ended?

For email, you could perhaps use the Insert Signature feature on the Email Widget (would require the agent to hit the link), or use insertContentIntoEmailBody on email creation, with some whitespace up top, and the agent could include their response above this. 

For the chat case, I'm not sure if we support what you're describing, but you could perhaps include the links in the Suggested Phrases widget and have agents send those

#4. There's no simulator, you will need a lab up and running to do any meaningful work with the Widget API.

Regards,
Colm
SimonBrown
Hi,

Thanks for response.

Yes, adding text before end of interaction is what I need to do.
I can't have agent pressing something to add, its a Survey link that needs to be transparent from agent (and stop them avoiding inclusion as its based on the customer experience).
Also, the link is dynamically created with metrics and agent details, so cannot add to things like signatures (which they already use) or quick texts.

Now need to work out if another approach as this will leave one disappointed customer.

Really could do with event firing that allows processing prior to Email send and Chat ending to allow content adding/manipulation :(

Regards
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
Go to:   
Mobile view