VishweshwarG
Hi,

We are using Orchestration designer where we have integrated MS SQL database and we are using default port 1433 to connect to the database. We are planning to change the database port to a custom port 8484. Can any one please let me know if the application will support to connect to the database with the custom port 8484.

Experience Portal Version - 7.0.2
Orchestration designer version - 7.0
MS SQL Server database version - Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP4-GDR) (KB4532098) - 11.0.7493.4 (X64)

Thanks in advance.
massimo__croci
Hi.

In the case of a single instance of the MS SQL Server, I'm not aware of any limitation, so I 'd say yes. Try at your convenience.
FYI, the port is needed by the database connection URL, its format is

jdbc:sqlserver://<host_IP_Address>:<port>;databasename=<Name_of_the_database>

I never worked with multiple instances, anyway it seems they use a dynamic port in the range 49152–65535. First of all, the app connects to the SQL Server Browser (via port UDP 1434) to get the dynamic port, then it connects to that port directly.

For all details, take a look at this article (section 'Ports Used By SQL Server'):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/install/configure-the-windows-firewall-to-allow-sql-server-access?view=sql-server-ver15

VishweshwarG
Hi,

We are using single instance of the MS SQL Server only. You mean to say that there wont be any issue if we use single instance. so, we will go ahead to change the port from 1433 to 8484.

Thanks in advance.
WilsonYu
Communication at this level is mainly between the database and the JDBC driver and some connection management facilitated by the app server. The OD app is just the client of JDBC executing SQL commands.
VishweshwarG
Dear Wilson,

Can you please suggest if there is connection management configuration to be done from application server(IBM WAS) side to allow the customer port like 8484 so that we will perform the configuration change from the application server side.

Thanks in advance
VishweshwarG
Dear Wilson,

Can you please support on below query.

Thanks in advance
WilsonYu
Sorry, configuring the app server is not in the scope of our support. This is not my area of expertise either.
Go to:   
Mobile view