Ram_A
Hi Team,

We are trying to implement a click to dial functionality for our agents such that when an agent click on a phone number on our CRM webpage it dials out that number via agent softphone ( one-x agent or avaya work place). As part of click to dial we would like get an UCID for the call placed so that CRM logs or ties that for reporting purpose.

I was going through the sample click2call application provided as part of java cmapi (DMCC), but I was not able to find the way to get a UCID for the call placed. Also, I would like to place the call based on agent/extension status like, place a call only when agent/extension is in available state not when in aux state/after work/busy/on call...etc.

It would be great if you can share the sample code which explains the way of getting UCID.

AES version: 7.1.3.2.0.2-0
CMAPI: cmapijava-sdk-7.1.1.0.0.51

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Appreciate your support/guidance.

Thanks,
Ram
MartinFlynn
The MakeCallResponse includes UCID as globallyUniqueCallLinkageID. Alternatively, UCID is included in several Call Control events (e.g. Delivered, Established) if you have a Call Control monitor on the station. You may need to do some configuration on Communication Manager in order to have UCID sent to AE Services. There is some information on this in the following FAQ https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/private_data.gsp#30

In order to know the current status of an Agent, you must perform GetAgentState.

I would suggest that you download the following from the Devconnect website:

1. "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference". DMCC Call Control features are provided by TSAPI and the TSAPI PG gives much more detail than the DMCC PG on these.

2. The DMCC .Net SDK. This includes the DMCC Dashboard which will allow you to test out the various DMCC features without having to write any code.

Martin
Ram_A
Thank you Martin,

I am able to get the ucid from delivered event
event.getCallLinkageData().getGlobalCallData().getGlobalCallLinkageID().getGloballyUniqueCallLinkageID();

one more thing, when I do the same thing, try to initiate click2call/click2dial from/via SIP extension which is logged on one-x communicator or Avaya workplace client it is not going through and call is not placed on dialed number. I think monitoring services going through but nothing happening after that.

Could you please suggest if any changes I need to do on ccs.click2call sample application or on SIP extension config or CommunicationManager side or SessionManager side?

Below are the SIP extension config for 3PCC

display station xxxx Page 6 of 6
STATION
SIP FEATURE OPTIONS

Type of 3PCC Enabled: Avaya
SIP Trunk: aar

SIP URI:

Thanks,
Ram
MartinFlynn
Run the SAT command "list cti-link" on Communication Manager. Make sure that the CTI link to AE Services is of type "ADJ-IP". If it is not, you will need to remove it and re-create it with the correct type.

If that is not the problem, check page 4 of "display system-parameters customer-options". You may need to have "ASAI Link Core Capabilities? " and "ASAI Link Plus Capabilities?" set to Y. If these are set to N,
I think you can enable them using the Communication Manager web interface. Use the "Administration / Licensing / Feature Administration" menus.

If none of these is the cause, I suggest you check the DMCC traces on AE Services. This will show what requests the application is sending to AE Services and the results to them. Also, if the DMCC traces indicate a Call Control error, you should check the TSAPI traces on AE Services. There are instructions in:

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/dmcc/other.gsp#60

and

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/index.gsp#10

Martin
MartinFlynn
You can also use the "list trace station NNNN" command on Communication Manager to see if a call has been initiated and some indication of why it failed.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view