Rehan-Avanza
Hi,

we have developed a customer softphone using Avaya AES 8.1 DMCC .Net SDK which is running only compatible with IE browser as it render as ActivX control.

Our requirement is:
- Need to run same control (ActiveX dll) in Chrom browser which doesn't seems possible.
- Or need to build the same custom application using some javascript / webservice sdk (if available) with same version.
- Or any other solution to embed the .Net control(dll) in web to render in chrom browser.

Appreciate if anybody can help us.

Thanks,
Rehan
MartinFlynn
To the best of my knowledge, ActiveX will never be supported by non-Microsoft browsers. In fact, Avaya intend to remove the ActiveX option from DMCC shortly due to it's limited use and usefulness.

As for developing web-based clients for Aura in the future, I believe the correct system to use is the Avaya Client SDK. You can get more information on this at https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/overview/index.gsp

Martin
Rehan-Avanza
Thanks Martin for swift response.

We are actually using AES 8.1 DMCC SDK already in production and we are not able to upgrade therefore we need to look into any solution with the same environment. As I already mentioned that we build a wrapper using mentioned SDK which is running with ActivX control on IE but now we need to run the same in Chrom browser and ActiveX is not supported in it.

So we need to rewrite component using same SDK or if any javascript library is available in AES 8.1 version.

Any help is really appreciable.

Thanks
Rehan Ahmed
MartinFlynn
Unfortunately, DMCC is not designed to be used in a browser. It requires a permanent TCP connection from the application to AE Services which is not normally possible in a web environment. The DMCC .Net ActiveX SDK does allow for this but only with a Microsoft browser.

To function with other browsers, I would suggest that you need to develop a server-based application which uses DMCC in the back-end to communicate with AE Services and has a REST/AJAX/... front-end which can communicate with a browser-based Javascript gui.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view