VasilyL
Hi Gurus,

From time to time we have errors in catalina.out like that:
***** Saw exception, tracing before report
com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: Error loading PluggableConnectorInitialize class [com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.pdc.ICConnectorInit] for initialVariablesPosted com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: ICNewCall:Error in NewCall for reqID 2281-802 ext 613012 - can't find eduid for aduid in adu server with extension:613012
**** Root Cause
com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: ICNewCall:Error in NewCall for reqID 2281-802 ext 613012 - can't find eduid for aduid in adu server with extension:613012
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession.throwRTException(SCESession.java:2620)

The full stack is in attachment.

It happens from 10 up to 30 times per day.
I made a research and found two interesting topics:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20111.page
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/7742.page#p27580

From that I can understand that:
1. The error most probably happens at the beginning of the call.
2. To catch the error I can use the "error.runtime" event handler in my AppRoot.
3. In a Data node I can try to analyze the exception in the ddlastexception variable to see if it is a problem with IC or not.
4. My IC Connector setting is on the attached screenshot.
5. The iclog4j.properties properties in the icconnector web app can be used to setup logging level for such errors.

Can you please check my understandings? Do my understanding is correct?
If so, can you please help me to do the following:
1. To Correctly setup iclog4j.properties to avoid such errors in catalina.out but to redirect them in a separate file.
2. To Give a piece of advice how to correctly analyze the exception in the Data node? What is the best practice?

Thanks in advance!
  • [Thumb - EnableICConnector.PNG]
[Disk] Download
Filename ErrorInNewCallForReqId.txt [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
There are two sides of the execution here - the app and the icconnector. The exception that you see is on the app side. The app is trying to send the initial command (when the call lands on EP) to icconnector and the iconnector in turn talks to IC to get the edu. A response must have come back from IC to ICConnector to the app that the eduid is not found. There is another log you can check under the icconnector/data/log folder. iclog4.properties dictates this log file, not the one you see in the catalina.log.

The log below (extract from your catalina.log) is the typical java exception stack trace which you normal read from the bottom up. You can see where the error starts. Here it say the app execute the command and gets the error. Unfortunately, we decided to somehow log this in the console log.

com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCERuntimeException: ICNewCall:Error in NewCall for reqID 2281-802 ext 613012 - can't find eduid for aduid in adu server with extension:613012
at com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.SCESession.throwRTException(SCESession.java:2620)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.web.ICCommand.setError(ICCommand.java:292)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.web.ICCommand.executeCommand(ICCommand.java:225)
at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.ic.pdc.ICConnectorInit.initialVariablesPosted(ICConnectorInit.java:272)
VasilyL
Hi,
Ok, I see...

But how to investigate why we have from time to time such errors?
WilsonYu
See if you can correlate this error with what is happening on the IC server side.
VasilyL
Hi,
ok, I see.
But do you have any thoughts why it could happen? I believe you have already faced with such behavior.
Thanks in advance!

Go to:   
Mobile view