mguthrie
I have two applications. Application A performs a transfer to Application B. Application B puts the caller on hold and they are put into a queue. Eventually an agent will take a call from the queue and be conferenced with the caller.

If I do a Consultation Transfer from Application A to Application B, I hear hold music, and then when the caller is put on hold on Application B, the hold music stops and starts again.

I want to have a seamless experience where once the caller is put on hold on Application B, the hold music will play until an agent inevitably is conferenced with the caller.

A work-around that I attempted was instead of doing a consultation call, I enabled the AAEP Outbound Call pluggable data connector, and performed a "LaunchVXML."

When I do that, the Application A gets transferred to Application B, however the human caller gets dropped from that point. I'm not sure if it's actually possible to bring the caller with the transfer using the "LaunchVXML" functionality.

I either need to know if it's possible to transfer a user to Application B using "LaunchVXML," or I need to know if there's a better way to get around the issue that I'm having with the hold music. Any information would be appreciated.
mguthrie
Perhaps using a "VXML Servlet" may be my answer, but I'm not sure what the code within the servlet needs to be. There is a "UserDefinedVXML" example application, but it doesn't actually transfer to another application, it just says "Hello World," which isn't enough information for me to use as an example.
WilsonYu
You don't have any control using VXML on this. Putting the call on hold and play music are internal functionality of the telephony system. There isn't any function in VXML to allow you to put the call on hold either.
FrankGuthrie
Hi Wilson - we don't really need to transfer the caller at all. We just want to launch another OD application from the current application. I believe that can be done with a VXML servlet and subdialog. Do you have any examples of one OD app calling another that you can share? Thank you.
WilsonYu
If this is for reusability reason, you can use subdialog to launch another vxml app. Check out the "Importing a VXML subdialog" in the help document
Go to:   
Mobile view