Torrance
Hello,

Is there a direct way to simulate a user checking voicemail on an Officelinx platform programmatically? This would be in an environment where there is a master server and several secondary voice controller servers. In the simulation would I be able to assign which voice controller to use as to check that all are functioning?
JohnBiggs
You can certainly use DMCC to have an application act as if it were a Communication Manager H.323 station user and perform the actions of calling voice mail extension, and sending DTMF to make requests of the server. I don't know specifically how you could verify that the server responded properly (other than it answering the call). I suppose one could examine the RTP received and process it in some way to validate that the IX Messaging server sent back what was expected.

As to how to check secondary servers, if there is a direct way to dial an extension and access them, then repeat the first paragraph, if some automated process redirects to secondary servers on a failure of the primary, then I dont know enough about how IX Messaging is deployed to answer that question.
Torrance
Thank you for your response. I was just hoping that IX Messaging (Officelinx) had some kind of API where I could cobble together some kind of monitoring solution with it. If not, I will look into what I can do with DMCC.
JohnBiggs
sorry, IX Messaging does not have public APIs.
Go to:   
Mobile view