RajatVerma
Hi All,

I need to change the web service timeout of an existing webservice deployed in production. Is there any way to change it via web.xml or some other default files?

Rest API timeout is available in web.xml file but I couldn't fine relevent timeout property for soap webservice. Kindly advice.

Thanks,
Rajat Verma
massimo__croci
The Orchestation Designer forum onto the Devconnect portal is for issues encountered by developers when creating OD/EP applications.
RajatVerma
Hi,
I am not asking for any support in changing the URL timeout. From development perspective I am not able to identify where exactly this property is stored in build file and from where it can be changed. This is not a support request!!
RajatVerma
Dear All,
Kidly advice if there is any way to update the soap timeout from web.xml or any of OD file deployed in tomcat? Tried to explore all possible options but couldn't identify any.

Thanks in advance!
WilsonYu
Could you not find something like the following in the web.xml or try to search for "timeout"

<context-param>
<param-name>MyWSOPName_1646197276728TimeoutSeconds</param-name>
<param-value>45</param-value>
<description>Web Service timeout for [MyWSOPName]</description>
</context-param>
RajatVerma
Hello Wilson,
I have checked the web.xml again but didn't find timeout tag for Soap webservice. For REST API I do get timeout tag which I can change.

Not sure in case if I am missing anything with SOAP. I have also attached a test prog for soap webservice here. Kindly advice.
Filename test1.rar [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Oh, you are talking about axis 1.4. I was looking Axis 2. The parameter wasn't implemented in Axis 1.4. However you can add your own logic in the wsop Java file to read a parameter from the web.xml . The logic to read the parameter would look like this:

In the constructor of the wsop java file

//}}END:CLASS:CONSTRUCTOR
String timeout = mySession.getParameter("timeoutparamname");
try {
int timeoutSeconds = Integer.parseInt(timeout);
setTimeoutSeconds(timeoutSeconds );
} catch (Exception e) {
}

RajatVerma
Hello Wilson,
Thanks for helping me out. I am sorry for missing out to mention axis 1.4

Go to: