SankaranLoganathasundaram
Where can i find the JTAPI 8.1.3 compatibility and any known issues in this version of client SDK.
JohnBiggs
The Avaya compatibility matrix has the details on interoperability, however you need Avaya single sign on credentials to access it, but basically 7.1 x and 8.x AESs are compatible (tested/supported) with the 8.1.3 JTAPI client.

Avaya does not publish a known issues listing.
Avaya compatibility matrix is not available for JTAPI client but only for specific Avaya products like AES etc.,
We have a customer who was using AES 7.1.3 with JTAPI client 8.1.3 and had intermittent JTAPI client dropping connection with AES. This issue was resolved after rolling back the JTAPI client to 6.3. If you are saying AES 7.1.x is compatible with 8.1.3 client is the compatibility is not an issue but something else is it??
JohnBiggs
yes, my initial suspicion would be something else is the contributing cause. However lacking logs and perhaps packet traces to be able to review and just a intermittenttently dropping statement it is difficult to have a high degree of confidence in anything. While the mechanics of the protocol is such that the messaging will 'adjust' to the least common denominator between the client and the server (in this case either 7.1.3 or 6.3), the event ordering may have changed or something along those lines throwing the application off.

If you can collect the logs of failures (particularly the client side given your statement that would seem to say that the client closes the session, but both sides and the packet trace are the most information that could be collected and often prove useful), and open a DevConnect Technical Support request we can investigate further.
Thanks John. I will reach out to the customer and see whether they can enable the client side logs. BTW, do you have any idea how the customer can enable JTAPI client side logs and also how they can do the load testing. Is there any tools Avaya recommend to do the load testing as they reckon this only happens during heavy traffic, which is very difficult to reproduce in a dev environment.
JohnBiggs
For load testing Avaya internally uses propritary tooling. Customers use third party products from companies such as Hammer (just an example, not a recommendation).

See this FAQ for the tracing question
How can the JTAPI libraries be configured to log the trace output from a JTAPI client application to a file (tsapi.pro, JTAPI, CTIConnector)?
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/jtapi/index.gsp?tab=general&accordion=faq-110

Thanks John for your quick reply. One more quick question. I know without any detailed log it will be a wild guess..

value ACSAbortStream ::= This is the message we get on the AES side before client close the connection. This is random in the middle of the transaction. Customer questions is any of the following known issues can contribute to this issue and has there been any hotfixes developed by Avaya to address this on AES 8.1.3

AES-19383 JTAPI Null pointer exception while processing CSTA held eventIf AES receives "HOLD" event with empty deviceID, JTAPI connector fetches errors and AES TSAPI provider shuts down

AES-21284 AES JTAPI 8.1 When the provider received empty device history during ESTABLISHED or DELIVERED event, it shut down due to ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. However, having empty device history is normal in certain scenarios.

AES-19767 JTAPI crash with nullpointer exception.

AES-21284 JTAPI provider shutdown if EstablishedEvent has empty deviceHistory

AES-19767 JTAPI crash due to ConnectionCleared event.

JohnBiggs
any one (or all) of those JIRAs could be the contributing the the AbortStream, or it could be something new. Hence the client log request. As to hot fixes being available I reconize some of those JIRAs and there are fixes to them.
Thanks John. Will request the customer to enable client logs and get them to raise the tech support case once we have all the info. Really appreciate all your assistance here. Will reach out if we have any further enquiries.
MartinFlynn
There is an issue with JTAPI Client 8.1.3 which causes it to make A LOT of requests to AE Services each time it received a call event. It is quite possible that this is causing your problem. I opened AES-28240 for this and it is marked as fixed in 8.1.3.5.0, 10.2.0.0.0, 10.1.0.2.0. Unfortunately, I do not know when these will be released.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view