MarcusHuang
I am using a Make Call Task in a workflow and getting the number to dial from a database. It is only 1 number retrieved, but what am running into is that it calls the same number repeatedly even though the workflow instance shows it made it to the end of the flow. Any idea why this happens?
Krishnakumar(KK)
Hi Marcus, could you please export the workflow and share it. Thanks!
MarcusHuang
Krishnakumar(KK) wrote:Hi Marcus, could you please export the workflow and share it. Thanks!

• [Thumb - Screenshot_1.png]
[Disk] Download
MarcusHuang
MarcusHuang wrote:
Krishnakumar(KK) wrote:Hi Marcus, could you please export the workflow and share it. Thanks!

Will this work?

Krishnakumar(KK)
Hi Marcus,
Screen shot would not help. Please use the "Export as" option to export the workflow and attach it here.

Thanks
  • [Thumb - Capture.PNG]
[Disk] Download
MarcusHuang
Here you go.
Filename SocOnCall.xml [Disk] Download
Krishnakumar(KK)
Hi Marcus,
What is the version of ED?
Has the exported file been modified/saved by any other editor after the export?
Could you please export it again by selecting "export as" then select "Export as XML" and attach it. Please dont open this in any editor and save it.

Thanks!
MarcusHuang
Krishnakumar(KK) wrote:Hi Marcus,
What is the version of ED?
Has the exported file been modified/saved by any other editor after the export?
Could you please export it again by selecting "export as" then select "Export as XML" and attach it. Please dont open this in any editor and save it.

Thanks!

Version of ED is 3.8.
Filename SocOnCall (1).xml [Disk] Download
Krishnakumar(KK)
Hi Marcus,
Thanks for the file. I think it is solution design issue. If I understand the workflow correctly, you are creating the instance for the incoming calls and trying to make a new call to the number retrieved from the DB.
This is what I believe is happening,
Incoming call comes to Breeze. Breeze sends CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY event to ED. ED creates the workflow instance. In the workflow, you are reading a number from DB and making a new call to this number. If this is internal call then it might be coming to Breeze as a new call and Breeze is sending the CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY to ED. ED creates a new workflow instance. And this becomes a loop.

What is your intent for the incoming calls? If you need to forward to the internal number then you should use forward call task. MakeCall task is only be used to create a new call.
MarcusHuang
Krishnakumar(KK) wrote:Hi Marcus,
Thanks for the file. I think it is solution design issue. If I understand the workflow correctly, you are creating the instance for the incoming calls and trying to make a new call to the number retrieved from the DB.
This is what I believe is happening,
Incoming call comes to Breeze. Breeze sends CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY event to ED. ED creates the workflow instance. In the workflow, you are reading a number from DB and making a new call to this number. If this is internal call then it might be coming to Breeze as a new call and Breeze is sending the CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY to ED. ED creates a new workflow instance. And this becomes a loop.

What is your intent for the incoming calls? If you need to forward to the internal number then you should use forward call task. MakeCall task is only be used to create a new call.

Thank you. Prior to reading this i did change to call forward and it did work. Didnt think make call would cause a loop and make tons of calls to the same phone number.
Go to:   
Mobile view