BalakrishnanP
Hi Experts,

Scenario:
An agent is making an Outbound call from Avaya OneX.

What I am trying:
I am trying to get the called Number (ANI) that which agent used to dial. I am using the Call Snapshot API to receive the information in DMCC Dashboard.

Issue:
I always receive a Junk value (Ex: T1234) instead of the actual number Dialed in the called number field (same in JTAPI Exerciser as well). How can we get the Dialled number info without monitoring the Agent Terminal for a full set of events. does it require any additional setting to be enabled on AES to get the called number in CTI?

Please advise.
MartinFlynn
What you are seeing is a Dynamic ID. It is created when AE Services does not know the actual value. Many numbers are sent by Communication Manager only once during a call. If there was no monitor active on the call at the time, it is not possible to get it later.

So, to get this number, you will need to have a call monitor on the station before the call arrives. In fact, if a call is transferred from a non-monitored station to a monitored station, some values may still be missing or different as the transfer call is different to the original call.

Martin
BalakrishnanP
Thanks MartinFlynn,

Is there any other way that we can get this information? TSAPI, RTSocket or anything without monitoring all the endpoints?

Thanks,
Bala
MartinFlynn
TSAPI, JTAPI & DMCC Call Control are all the same thing.

For outbound calls, no, I don't think so. For incoming calls that land at a VDN and are then distributed to actual stations, you could put a monitor on the VDN. License-wise, this could be relatively inexpensive.

Martin
JohnBiggs
Called Numbers (or some variation there of - I am not versed in how outbound digit manipulation would alter dialed numbers before getting in to CDR [Call Detail Reporting] data) would be in CDR data, but that is only available after the call ends.

If you are trying to build some form of crisis alert service there are other approaches to being informed of when crisis numbers (e.g., 911 in the USA) are dialed.

I believe that One-X Agent has some built in API capabilities to notify when call activity is happening. If you want to build functionaity in the agent PC you may have access to this data there.
BalakrishnanP
Thanks John,

I am more interested in setup the solution from Server Side without any additional Desktop Components or Complete Terminal Monitoring. Please let me know if anything that could help me on this.
Go to:   
Mobile view