SHANE-AU
Dear all,

I'm currently implementing a system that integrates with Avaya call module.

The goal is to successfully make a call to a phone number that is usually in busy.
My idea is the keep initiating a call to the number, and once I receive the call state change, I'd programmatically make the call again until the state changed to 'established' (success case).

However, I encountered the problem is the call is in busy (I heard `beep beep beep beep` sound), the state keeps in `Remote Alert). In this suitation, I could not distinguish the call was actually failed (fail case, have to redial) so I couldn't continue another call programmatically.

I use windows c# SDK. Any other SDK / platform could solve this problem, I'm happy to change.
So, anyone here could help? Big thanks!

Best Regards,
Shane
JohnBiggs
Why not put the called extension into a hunt group (non skill type) and enable queuing for the hunt group, and have your application's call get queued by the hunt group? When the target extension is available Communicaiton Manager will deliver the call. No antics needed on your application's part.

Also I think you want a delivered state (ringing), not established (answered) but for this API the designers may have changed the commonly used terminology. I don't know the details of the API you are using at that level.
SHANE-AU
Thank you for your reply. I just can't see any API for hunt group.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/windows/communication/api_refs/html/5d813b18-5a20-4431-be67-0d5d16b471d0.htm

Right, all I need is just a `line busy` state or `no-answer` state to indicate the `remote line is busy` or `remote side didn't answer`. However, there's no such state in avaya API.
JohnBiggs
at the moment I have no idea what SDK you are using.. a "windows C# SDK" is not particularly descriptive. Avaya has many APIs against its many products. From the few keywords you have used, I can not second guess what you are using. My suggestion regarding using hunt groups was not an attempt to get you a line busy event, but rather to avoid recurringly placing needless calls and busying up the processor unnecessarially for a task that is more easilly solved.

Within TSAPI/JTAPI/DMCC a monitor on a hunt group is a monitor on a device. If the huntgroup is provisioned as non Skill based distribution algorithm, you will receive the same eventing that you would see on a station along with queued indications.
Go to:   
Mobile view