NobuhiroTentaku
Dear Sir,

Regarding JTAPI Forum message on 23/10/2017 04:27:48 Subject: CM 7.0.1 and AES 7.1 TerminalConnection Event issue is as follows:

I have the same software versions as you and tested this used the JTAPI exerciser. I made a call from 40500 to 40502 and picked up the call at 40501. I see the following TerminalConnection states:
40500 - ACTIVE
40501 - ACTIVE
40502 - RINGING
These seem to be correct and are what I would expect.
Martin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that the above state is the state when CallControlTerminalConnectionEvent.CALLCTL_TERMINAL_CONNECTION_TALKING is detected.
If so, can I judge that this is caused by PICKUP event?

Best regards,
MartinFlynn
You are clearly doing a lot of in-depth research on JTAPI at the moment. JTAPI is an object-orientated Java 'wrapper' around TSAPI and there is a lot of low-level TSAPI information in the document "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference". I suggest you download a copy of this.

Please bear in mind that there are some differences in the information available in TSAPI & JTAPI due to limitations in JTAPI but the TSAPI PG is still vital.

You may also find it useful to view the TSAPI messages being sent between AES and the application. There is information on how to enable and view these traces on AES at the Devconnect Product FAQ "What is the procedure for enabling and accessing the AE Services logs for TSAPI (trace, tracing, g3trace, csta_trace)?".
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/index.gsp#10

Martin
JohnBiggs
PICKUP is not an event that Avaya provides. It provides an indication that a party joined a call (in TSAPI ConnectionEstablished). It doesnt say why a party joined a call, it just says that it happened. You also are not making it clear which party you are trying to detect PICKUP at. Does you application want the calling party to know the call was picked up, the called party or the party picking the call up? There are a number of reasons another party can join a call (bridging, conference, pickup), Communication Manager uses the same CTI event for all of them. I feel you are trying to find information that is not directly exposed by the APIs.
NobuhiroTentaku
Hi John,

Let me explain our application. When a terminal rings, information of the caller, i.e. customer is popped up on the screen of the terminal. However in case of PICKUP and UNPARK, no information comes out since the terminal to take the call does not ring. This is why I would like to find PICKUP event.

Best regards,
JohnBiggs
assuming you have a monitor on the party that rang, you should be getting UCID information for the call if Communication Manager is provisioned to generate it. When the call is picked up I would anticipate that the connection established in TSAPI is populated, and that would be available somehow in JTAPI. That would allow the application to connect the two calls... I think. Look at the TSAPI tracing on AE Services and see. UCID is also called universal call identifier, and it should be near the UUI data (user to user information) in the trace
Go to:   
Mobile view