NobuhiroTentaku
Dear Sir,

We have a PC softphone which has an extension number. Even though PC is Power-Off, LucentAddress.isOnSwitch() returns true. I think this return value should be false.
According to the JTAPI doc, it says that whether the Address object is an on-switch station or off-switch station true - on-switch station false - off-switch station.
Is this a SDK bug? Or any other solutionS?
Or my undrstanding is something wrong?

Best regards,
MartinFlynn
It seems that isOnSwitch() may somehow be tied in with the Security Database. I doubt that this is correct behaviour and I will investigate a bit further on this.

As a workaround, you may try using LucentAddress.getDirectoryName(). If the address is not configured on CM, this will return null.

Martin
NobuhiroTentaku
Thank you very much for your help. I will try getDirectoryName().

Best regards,
NobuhiroTentaku
Hi Martin,

Sorry to say that getDirectoryName() doesn't work meaning that getDirectoryName() returns Non-null name while PC phone is power-off.
You mentioned above, "isOnSwitch() may somehow be tied in with the Security Database.". What does it mean?

Best regards,
MartinFlynn
You will need the EndpointRegistration feature to know if a terminal is actually registered for a Station ID. You can get information on this in the JTAPI Programmers Guide.

You can get information on the SDB in "Administering and Maintaining Avaya
Aura Application Enablement Services". I should point out that this is probably not of any use to you.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view