FrankGuthrie
I developed a test application which works as such: Dial the application, select Consultation Transfer option, call is immediately transferred to the the desired number. Also tested with busy, ring no answer, all work as expected. Control returns to the application if the call is not transferred.

I took the same code and placed it in an outbound application. Call Flow: Outbound application calls an extension on the Avaya CM (internal), person answers the phone, selects Consultation Transfer option, then dead air is heard. In the OD log, you never see any progression beyond the Consultation Transfer. It does not matter if we attempt to transfer the call internally or externally, the result is the same. The application is stuck on the select Consultation Transfer node.

I tested the same scenario manually. I dialed an internal extension from my phone, receiving person answered. Pressed the transfer button on my phone, called a second number and then completed the transfer - works perfect for internal and external numbers.

Please let me know how I can get this working.

Thank you,
Frank
massimo__croci
Hi Frank.

Might you kindly check the AVB logs for any error ?

Do you see something like this:

"Personal Voice Browser Version 7.2.1.5 Copyright (c) 2004-2018, Avaya
Playing text "Hello, welcome to this sample app to show how the consultation transfer works.", Language (en-us), Gender (Female)
Playing text "Please, type the number of the called party", Language (en-us), Gender (Female)
Waiting for DTMF input
Stopping playback...
Playing text "The call is going to be transferred to the called party, Please, hold on.", Language (en-us), Gender (Female)
Playing transferaudio
Consultation transfer to(32005)
Consultation transfer, waiting for input, enter command:

"
JohnBiggs
Also what differences are there in the entity that the call is originating from versus the cases where it works. All originators are not equal.
FrankGuthrie
I am looking at logs and will get back to you shortly. Great response time BTW! Thank you.
FrankGuthrie
@massimo__croci I looked through the log and did not find the text you mentioned in your post. Please take a look at the attache AVB log and see what you find. Line 287 is where the action starts

@JohnBiggs Same CM, AEP, App server. The application is different as we place an outbound call via CCXML and deliver the call to an extension where a VXML application is started. The VXML app (OD 8.1) executes the same nodes that the inbound test application does, but it fails. The inbound application performs the transfer perfectly.

I appreciate your help guys, this one has me stumped - doesn't happen too often.
Filename AVB.log [Disk] Download
FrankGuthrie
Could you create a small test app that places an outbound call to an internal extension and then uses consultation transfer to transfer the call? That could show me what I am doing incorrectly.
FrankGuthrie
I'm suspicious that on an outbound call, the consultation node just hangs and does not perform the operation at all. That is why I am asking devconnect to see if they can place an outbound call using the function successfully.
FrankGuthrie
Alright guys, I did not receive a reply to my last question and this has become a bigger issue. I really believe the function just doesn't work with an outbound application and I need it to (that is where I need your help). So, I created a test application which executes the same code both inbound and outbound (see attached). The application works as desired when placing an inbound call. However, placing an outbound call to an internal extension and attempting to perform the transfer yields dead air. Attached is the test application and a CCXML application to launch the call. I used SOAPUI to launch the call outbound. Your mission, launch the outbound application and successfully perform a transfer. I do this all day long using the ct connector and AES. I'm trying to take AES out of the picture and use a non CTI transfer. I need to validate this can be done with an outbound call and if that is the case, why I am unable to transfer either internally or externally. Thank you very much for your help.

Included files: InOutTransferTest.zip (OD 8.10.0601), CCXMLTransferTest.zip (CCXML for the outboound)
Filename InOutTranferTest-Avya.zip [Disk] Download
Filename CCXMLTransferTest.zip [Disk] Download
JohnBiggs
The fourms are a best effort community based, free level of support limited to Tier1 / 2 types of investigation (largely directing you to existing infomation/documentation, or someone to bounce specific questions off of who sometimes has the answers). If you want DevConnect developer support, you need to start with a support ticket. This will move you from best effort, Tier 1/2 level of support to a more prioritized categorization. Asking that we test sample code or do log file investigation is not a tier 1 / 2 level activity. We do not develop sample applications on demand.

In that ticket please elaborate on this statement "I do this all day long using the ct connector and AES. I'm trying to take AES out of the picture and use a non CTI transfer. " The code you are testing is AES based or not? How does that statement factor into the question/issue you face.
FrankGuthrie
Thanks John - opening a ticket shortly.
Go to:   
Mobile view