FrankGuthrie
I see this same exception in an old post the Neil worked, but I did not see the solution. For your reference, here it is: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/4255.page

Here is the scenario: Outbound call is placed to an agent in queue; call is delivered to agent; agent is placed on CTI hold; outbound number is dialed via CTI connector; a busy signal is received; an attempt to do a CTI Retrieve of the call on hold “sometimes” yields the following exception from AES “Wait time exceeded trying to retrieve call on hold”. I can call the same number 10 times in a row and 2 or 3 times I will get this exception. All other tries the call will be successfully retrieved.

When I get the exception, there is nothing I can do but end the application, I cannot get back to the agent to let them know the call failed.

I appreciate any insight you can provide concerning the issue. This has become a significant problem for me and our customer.
JohnBiggs
Is there an Avaya SR related to the problem? I suggest opening one. Someone with access to the production system woudl need to collect MST traces of both CTI (ASAI link) and the impacted station and have the traces analyzed for root cause to the problem.

you _might_ learn something by accessing the CM SAT and doing a 'clear events' reproducing the issue and then doing a 'display events' and setting the type to be 'denial'.

If the request is merely timing out, it may be that CM is very busy. You could look at either a linux TOP on CM, or at the 'list measurements occupancy' form at the SAT to gain insight on that possiblity.

Your best bet though is to work through Avaya Client Services to get traces from CM. The customer's admin person may be able to collect these traces, but analysis is probably best left to CM Tier 3 personal.
FrankGuthrie
Thanks John - I have opened an SR - I'll update this thread once there is a resolution.
Go to:   
Mobile view