RadoslavAzmanov
I'm using DMCC dashboard 6.1.1.45 and connecting to AES 5.2.
I'm trying to monitoring ACD split. So according to documentation I go to the Call Control tab and select the Monitor tab, select CallsViaDevice, fill Third Party Device ID field, but Monitor Call Start button is not active.

Is this functions work only with AES 6.1?

The strange thing is that if I register ACD split as device in main tab it is possible to register event in call control monitor that are highlight as 6.1 specific like "Agt. Logged Off/On" and receive events for them, although I'm still using AES 5.2.

Why is possible to start monitor in main tab, but not in Call Control tab?
JohnBiggs
1) which document are you referring to?
2) what specific sequence of actions are you taking at the dashboard. To monitor a ACD split you must
a) Start Appl Session
b) Get Dev. Id (first party) for the ACD split extension from the main tab.
c) select the 'Call Control' tab in the start monitors (Event Registration) section (not the top tab bar) on the Main page, and click Start Monitor

You should begin getting Agent Logged On and Logged off events from the ACD split you have identified via the device ID.

A VDN requires a MonitorCallsViaDevice monitor from the Call Control tab.

The graying out of buttons is meant to be a helping aid, but sometimes the dashboard it too too smart for even me, you can disable the feature by unchecking the "Auto enable/disable fields" in the center top of the Main page. If your Requested Protocol Version (page 1 second column 3/4 of the way down) is not set for 6.1, then the Dashboard disables the Monitor Call Start button because the feature is not supported with older protocol versions (hence older AE Services release versions).

While Call Control services appear to work in release 5.2 many of them were in beta form (including ACD device monitors), and not supported (i.e. bugfixed). You should use the release documentation (DMCC .NET Programmer's Reference and AE Services Release Notes) to understand what specific call control services are supported on a particular AE Services release.

RadoslavAzmanov
The documentation is MasteringDMCCeBook_Addendum_031, page 5.
But you point my guess that the part with disabled Monitor Call Start button is because I'm using AES 5.2 and this function is specific to 6.1.
I just need a confirmation, because i didn't find documentation about supported features in different versions of DMCC.

Thanks for reply.
JohnBiggs
I usually look at the XML Programmers Guide and or the Release Notes for guidance first, but I will admit the exact services supported on a per protocol version (and AE Services release) version isn't made entirely clear for the call control services.
Go to:   
Mobile view