sgowda
Dear Sir,

We are trying to use LaunchVXML WS so that we can launch outbound calls and connect to Avaya DD application.

Before we could start I went through documents and was checking on testing outcall and verifying application.
Executed script from $AVAYA_HOME/Support/OutCallTest/AppIntfWS-Client/

Executed ./runclient.sh —n <outcall-username> —p <outcall password>
Response was: Replaced <outcall-username> & <outcall-password> with appropriate values
[craft@CIIVPMS1 AppIntfWS-Client]$ ./runclient.sh —n <outcall-username> —p <outcall password>
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.AxisEngine).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Mon Dec 23 08:03:54 CST 2013: TestClient: queryResources succeeded, TotalRes = 4, UnusedH323 = 4, UnusedSIP = 0
Mon Dec 23 08:03:54 CST 2013: TestClient: exiting

Next executed: Replaced <number-to-dial>, <outcall-username> & <outcall-password> with appropriate values
./runclient.sh —R 1 —A VoicePortalTest —T <number-to-dial> —n <outcall-username> —p <outcall password>
[log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis.AxisEngine).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Mon Dec 23 08:18:34 CST 2013: TestClient: LaunchVXMLFault: rc = 33, desc = AppIntfWSSOAPImpllaunchVXML()
MPP Outcall Web Service returned UNKNOWN APPLICATION. MPP = CIIMPP1, rc = 8198
Mon Dec 23 08:18:34 CST 2013: TestClient: exiting

1. What are the various parameters supported by runclient.sh, as I couldn't understand what -R is for. We would also like to know if there are any other supported arguments?
2. In second statement, I got error while launching VXML script. I tried with what was in example VoicePortalTest and also with TestApp which is configured to Avaya default test app. For both I got same error. What could be problem? As there was issue launching VXML application, system never outdialed.
3. Can we get request & response XML files for all web methods used in AppIntfWS.
4. How to get rid of Warnings related to logger?

Any help would be appreciated...

If I can get more documents (other than what is available on VPMS) on how to use and setup WS that would help too.

Thanks,
SGowda
RossYakulis
First off for further help please contact Voice Portal support this is not an OD issue. I am not familiar with the runclient.sh. I do have an example application that I wrote that I will share, see attached file.

-----------------------

The name of the application should be the name of the application you configured on the Voice Portal. NOT the web application name, but the logical name of the configured application. So the application name could be "abc" and the URL configured might be http://host:port/MyApp/Start. You would use the "abc" name.
Filename VPAppIntfWS.zip [Disk] Download
Anonymous

Thanks Ross.

I am bit confused on how applications get deployed for this. I believe we will need to just built inbound flow which would be connected after system dialsout.

I assume logic for outdialing is done by LaunchVXML WS, we will need to build just inbound application. I assumed we will just need to deploy inbound application on Tomcat and may not be configured on VPMS. Let me know if any assumption is not correct.

Per your response, we will need to include application name configured on VPMS. Does it mean we will need to setup inbound application on VPMS. OR are we supposed to build any CCXML script to outdial and connect to inbound application?

I have tried configuring both web application name as well as logical name and both fail.

Sgowda
RossYakulis
You create an OD application that is activated (launched) when to call is connected and configure it on the VPMS as you would a traditional inbound speech app. Making sure you have deployed the application on an application server. Then when using the launchvxml, tou use the name of the configured app as the app to launch.

The web service launches the the VXML application. Since you are configuring a vxml application the default call control application (default.ccxml) will handle the dialing and starting the dialog. You do not need to create a ccxml application as the "default.ccxml" will be used and handle the interaction with the web service (LaunchVXML).

Make sure you have the application name correct and the user and password are correct they are the values you configured on the VPMS.
RossYakulis
Also read the Voice Portal on line help. What you should do is take the sample I supplied you and get then Query.java working, then try the LaunchVXML with a real app.
sgowda
Thanks Ross, we were able to test LaunchVXML with real app. What is significance of parameter AppURL? For or initial testing we supplied values for both appName (name configured on AEP) & appURL (URL setup for app on AEP), system connected call but was unable to hear anything. We removed appURL parameter value and system started working.

So, just wanted to know what should be passed for appURL parameter?

Thanks,
SGowda
RossYakulis
Per the documentation:

applicationURL String Parameters that should be appended to URL specified for the application in the EPM.
This allows you to invoke the application with different arguments as needed.

The application name needs to match the application name configured on the epms, with a url to your app http://host/MyApp/Start
The applicatoinURL parameter are query string arguments appended to the url " http://host/MyApp/Start".
Go to:   
Mobile view