VasilyL
Hi Guys!

After a while I have collected a new bunch of proposals...
1. Group/ungroup elements in the main.flow editor.
Example from my practice: I was assigned to support/develop OD application. It is quite big and all nodes were aligned in editor in a special order. Logically they were located close to each other according to their associations. The problem appears after I was forced to refactor the application due to some crucial customer request. Due to historical reasons all items was in main.flow (i.e. no subflows and no submodules has been used). I was forced to perform a lot of vertical and horizontal movement operations in main.flow. And each movement operation was quite painful due to big number of elements in each "module".
Probably logical grouping/ungrouping items could be a good idea for the future.

2. Another improvement is a continuation of first proposal.
Is it possible to add movement control by keyboard arrow buttons (keys up, down, left, right)?
Move element with mouse sometimes not convenient. For perfectionist people it could help a lot :).

3. "Aligner" functionality.
It could be perfect to be able to align elements in accordance with each other, so, the arrow between those two elements will be clearly straight. The idea could be extended during aligning of more than two elements...
(I can provide more info according my vision)

4. One more proposal\question. I call it "inactive item/element".
I have an OD application and after a while a have received a change request.
To perform changes I need to remove some blocks and add a new one in the main.flow editor. The point here is that I do not want to remove element due to some reasons. I want to keep it in the main flow but in inactive state.
But now you will not be able to build application if it contains elements which are not connected to other elements.
So, my idea is to have a possibility to mark elements which do not have either incoming or outgoing or both relational arrows.
I want the platform to ignore such elements like they are deleted.
Hope my explanation is clear.

5. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+A combinations.
Why do these combinations not work in main flow editor?
Is it improvement or just misconfiguration in my OD preferences?
VasilyL
let's continue.

6. Axis Web Service Operation file creation.
I stuck with one simple case.
Developer needs to specify "Package for types". It is the same as "-p" option in case of command line execution like
> ... java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -D -v -p xxx.zzz.yyy my.wsdl

In my case my.wsdl was created in the way that it had mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name
Package name means the package specified in "-p" option.
If I do not specify package for types the it will generate all client classes in "default package".
So, sometimes it is necessary to keep original package structure and do not put all the classes in the same folder.

7. Is it possible to make a timeout value (in web service operation) configurable?
Now you can just set a value, like 10, 20 ,50 seconds. But I need to be more flexible in that case but I do not want to create a dozens of the same web service operations with only difference in timeout value.
RossYakulis
For #7 try adding code like this to the end of the wsop java file constructor. This will set the timeout to the value in the ODVariable.

}
//}}END:CLASS:CONSTRUCTOR
IVariableField field = mySession.getVariableField(new VariableName(IProjectVariables.MYTIMEOUT));
this.timeoutSeconds = field.getIntValue();

RossYakulis
for #6, I am not clear what you are asking. we do use the -p option when using the wsdl2java in axis.
VasilyL
Hi Ross,
Thanks for answers!
Regarding #7 - now it is clear. In general my idea was to have a possibility to make it directly in the web service operation editor - to select some project variable. But of cause it is only my vision and probably nobody else needs it.

Regarding #6.
Yes, you do use the -p option, that is the deal.
-p means that you will put all the generated client code into the one package.
Imagine that the wsdl file has relations with two namespaces and each namespace has the same type declaration, for example, FaultType - it is very common type name.
If you use -p option then you will get an error (like me):
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: xxx\zzz\yyy\FaultType.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:110)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaEnumTypeWriter.generate(JavaEnumTypeWriter.java:372)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:113)
at ...

I know that wsdl architecture must be perfect to avoid such cases but sometimes people who are responsible for that do not pay attention enough.

Will you be able to check #1, #2, #3, #4, #5? (in post ?31)
RossYakulis
the "beans package name" in the wizard is for the -p option. Will check the others in the morning.
RossYakulis
for #2, press the "." key. Select a node then press "."
RossYakulis
#3 is available already
RossYakulis
#5 ccp works in the main flow.
RossYakulis
4 and 1 are reasonable enhancements.
VasilyL
Hi Ross!

Thanks for quick answers!

Let me clarify #6.
You can see in attachments a screenshot of New Web Service Operation. In my version it calls "Package for types".
And yes, it is for the -p option.
So, if you put in "Package for types" text box the value xxx.zzz.yyy - it will mean that this package will hold all the generated java code.
If you keep it empty then a "default package" will hold the generated code but still all the code will be in that "default package".
My situation was the following: a new version of web service wsdl was deployed. I was forced to regenerate ws client code. A new wsdl was organized in the way that it had relations with two different namespaces. Each namespace contained an element with type FaultType. During code generation I had an error
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: xxx\zzz\yyy\FaultType.java
Of cause in OD it was a dialog window with text like this: "Duplicate file name: xxx\zzz\yyy\FaultType.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name"
Later I fetched full stack trace from eclipse error log.

So, in my case the solution was to generate client code with out -p option. If you do not use -p option all the generated code will be located in the place where you run the command and all the code is located according to their namespaces. Please see wsdl2javaNamespaces attachment: it shows that the code is split according to the declared namespaces in wsdl.

Sorry for such long explanation. I took too much your time... But hope that my situation is clear now.

Regarding #2.
It works, thanks!!! and sorry for that question since I found the description in OD DevGuide.

Regarding #3.
I do not see how to enable/use it.
May be the problem is in OD version? I use 7.0.0.1801

Regarding #5.
Sorry, I was not clear enough. You mean that nodes can be copy/paste.
I had in view text copy and paste. For example, I copy node caption from specification document via Ctrl+C but paste can be done via context menu only.
Also, if I want to select all elements then I can do it only via Edit -> Select All.
Ctrl+A does not work.
May be the problem also in OD version which I use (7.0.0.1801)?

• [Thumb - wsdl2javaNamespaces.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - NewWebServOperation.png]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
if you set the "Package for types" to empty the -p is omitted.

for #3, select multiple items then choose the align option on the tool bar.

Yes ctrl-a seems to not work for some reason. Yo can copy and paste nodes.
  • [Thumb - Capture.PNG]
[Disk] Download
VasilyL
Hi Ross,

Thanks for clarifications!
Regarding #3.
Shame on me... I never put my attention to the toolbar.
In the same time I see no description in OD Developer'sGuide (Release 7.0 December 2013) regarding aligning options (is it a doc bug or I still use an obsolete document version?).

Meanwhile another portion of proposals ...

#8. Project variables. Add many simple or complex variables.
My real situation was the following: I was forced to add 10 simple variables. All 10 are really similar.
In the same time I had a lot of other variables.
I was forced to be very precisely since you need to put a new variable strictly between two other variables... but later I noticed that if you put the var somewhere to an empty (right part of project variables editor) then it will be definitely added with "unnamed" title.
Anyway it cold be good to click just "Simple Variable" or "Complex Variable" to add it to project.variables. Probably it could be something like a "plus" sign near the "Simple Variable" or "Complex Variable".
That's really good to have it for fields in complex variable: select Complex variable, click Field as many time as number of fields in complex var you need.

#9. Project variables. Copy-past.
It does not work in project.variables editor. Even in context menu (but copy/past operations presents).
I have 10 similar variables and I want to create just one "template" variable and use it to create other vars.

#10. Project variables. Complex variables.
Probably it is a very weak proposal but I had a task where I wanted to have Complex Variable which contains Complex Variables instead of fields. So, something like two-dimensional array.

#11. In continuation for https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20935.page#p148956
All the time I do export I need to click on a checkbox "Include extra files and folders" and select required files.
After selection I click OK and "Include extra files and folders" checkbox become selected. But if I want to add one more file, I click again on "Include extra files and folders" and checkbox become unselected and I need to repeat the inclusion procedure again.
I see such behavior a little bit inconvenient..

RossYakulis
See attached. copy paste worked for me.
  • [Thumb - Capture.PNG]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
On further investigation it seems to mostly work but sometimes not. I cannot quantify the circumstances yet.
Go to:   
Mobile view