Anonymous

Hi,

We built a simple popup application to register the device, detect calls etc using DMCC API.

We are having these problems,

1) If a cellular number that has EC500 forwarded to it, tries to call in, it rings and goes into voicemail without the device picking up the call. This is only if the application is running for that extension.

2) When we make an outgoing call with "9" as prefix instead of "91" for outside calls, again the application makes the call but does not seem to detect it (UI does not update because none of the events are triggered).

Can someone please help with this?

Thanks,
Anuja
MartinFlynn
Hi Anuja,

Do you register the phone or do you just monitor for Call Control events?

"cellular number that has EC500 forwarded to it, tries to call in,"
Who does it call? It's own deskphone or another phone?

"cellular number that has EC500 forwarded to it, tries to call in,"
I am not sure what this means.

What versions of AE Service and Communication Manager software are you using?

Perform the SAT command "list trace station nnn" on the Communication Manager. Start it before a call and it will show what happens during any calls involving station nnn. Make sure that the station you are monitoring is involved in the call.

Martin
AnujaNinan
Yes, we do register the phone before monitoring the events.

Please ignore my question on EC500, I tested again and it works fine now. I am not sure why the users saw an issue before.

My 2nd question is still open. Could you please help me with that?

I believe the version is R6.3

MartinFlynn
> When we make an outgoing call with "9" as prefix instead of "91" for outside calls, again the application makes the call but does not seem to detect it (UI does not update because none of the events are triggered).

1. How is the call made? Application using 3rd party makeCall(), application dialing digits, deskphone, cellphone?

2. I am not sure what you mean by ' "9" as prefix instead of "91"'. My reading is that if you dial 9xxxxx you get events but if you dial 91xxxxx you do not. Is this correct?

3. What events are you expecting?

4. What monitors do you have in place? On what device(s)?

5. Is EC500 involved in this call, or do you see the same behaviour without EC500?

Martin
AnujaNinan
1. The application does not use any 3rd party functions.

It uses the following to make the call

serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.GetThirdPartyDeviceId(switchName, telephoneNumber, null)

2. In order to make calls to telephone numbers outside the office network, we prefix with "91" or "9".

When we dial with "91", it triggers necessary events but it does not when we dial with "9".

3. One of the events expected,
getThirdPartyCallController_OnDeliveredEvent

4. We use ServiceProvider to register a phone device (extension)
serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor

5. No. EC500 is not involved in this. I have seen this even when EC500 is not enabled.
CraigJohnson5
When dialing "9" do you see a ServiceInitiated (as soon as phone goes off hook) or OriginatedEvent (as soon as you are done dialing and the call is made)? It looks like it is a difference between local and long distance calls. Do you get a NetworkReached event after the OriginatedEvent (would mean you may not get any events after that)?
Go to:   
Mobile view