Neil_deprecated
I have been writing fairly simple Java programs for several years using Netbeans. It works fine for the purposes I use it for.

I now want to write a screen popping program using JTAPI. I'm having some problems!

1. The samples don't run.
If I try to run the HTML files I get NoClassDefFoundError. I'm guessing they are not built and I need to build them. But...
The ant scripts described in the programmers guide are to be found in the sampleapps directory. The only directory like this is SDKS\JTAPI\SAMPLES in my windows 7 installation. So how do I build them? Running the jtapiex.jar file from a DOS prompt gives and error: "no main manifest attribute, in jtapiex.jar" Same problem?

2. I expected to have to include a JAR file into my project and then I could write a program calling the routines from my program, this is the way I normally use external APIs. Does this work with Avaya? Where would the JAR file be?

3. Where is the javadoc?
This would be of great help to me. The documentation says it is in the jtapi-sdk-6.3.1.x.y/javadoc directory. There is no such directory! Have I not downloaded something? I installed the JTAPI client and the JTAPI SDK. Is there something else I need to do.

4. For me, it would be great if the samples existed as Netbeans projects that I could just import and start from. Do such things exist?

Have I got the right API for doing this? Is there an easier way?

My apologies if the questions expose my lack of knowledge but I have not worked with the Avaya API before and am starting from scratch with only the documentation to help!

Thanks,
Neil
Neil_deprecated
Sorry Guys,

I said I was a newbie. I carried on ploughing through the documentation and found the JDK. I think that answers my questions, there's even a Netbeans Project!

I'll come up with a better question next time!

Thanks,
Neil
Neil_deprecated
The JDK was a red herring but I did go through and work through all of the documentation listed again and discovered that I was working with a very old version. I've now downloaded jtapi-sdk-6_3_1-154. It seems more helpful in that the directories discussed in the documentation are mostly there, although a lot of the files aren't.
I have tried to build the samples, the ant script runs through but doesn't build anything. I then created a project in Netbeans and copied the code into files within a project and ran it. The CallLog starts and asks for a login but the service name is blank. I have a TSAPI.pro file in the program's directory and it points to the Avaya server but it still doesn't seem to see it. There is also a log4j warning:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.Tsapi).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Can anyone give me a hand to get started? Once faced with a coding environment I can solve most of my own problems but I need to be able to connect to the system and nothing I do seems to work at the moment. Can anyone tell me why the servicename is not coming up in the list? The code suggests it should be passed in as a parameter, in which case where do I find the service name?

Any help appreciated to get me started,
Neil
MartinFlynn
Your TSAPI.PRO file is not being picked up by the classpath you use when executing the program. You will need to fix this.

The same applied to your log4j.properties file.

Martin
Neil_deprecated
Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I'm embarrassed that I can't get this working, it seems so simple! Your comment has made me go back to basics and start again.

To make it easier I have put all the elements I think I need (log4j.properties & TSAPI.pro) into one directory and called it ClassPath. I've then put this directory as the only entry in the ClassPath variable (I can put it all back again later once I've got it working). I then included this in my Netbeans Project as a source package folder. This solved the log4j error!

ecsjtapia.jar and log4j-1.2.12.jar are included in the Netbeans project. I

TSAPI.pro contains 2 active lines:
[Telephony Servers]
192.168.16.200=450

I know the ip address is correct as I can log onto it with a browser and see the Avaya service listed, but I'm not sure about the 450. Is there any way to verify that? I'm not aware that it has been changed from the default so I think it should be 450.

When I run I now get this written to jtapierror.log:
2014-01-31 12:06:57,353 [main]
ERROR com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TsapiSessionFactory - enumServices() </192.168.16.200:450>: com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.TsapiPlatformException: Couldn't connect to server /192.168.16.200:450. Socket.connect() timed out after 20 seconds.

Is something not running on the Avaya server? What else do I need to do? This is a fairly clean installation that was only put in recently.

Thanks,
Neil
MartinFlynn
Logon to your AE Services web manager. Use the Networking -> Ports menu to make sure that the TSAPI Service port (450) is enabled.
Neil_deprecated
Thanks Martin,

My application manager seems to be slightly different (doesn't have a networking option) but by going to the service: System : Lan1 : SIP Registrar it shows the TCP port as 5060. I updated the TSAPI.pro with this value and got a different error message:
2014-01-31 13:54:24,406 [main] ERROR com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TsapiSessionFactory - enumServices() </192.168.16.200:5060>: com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.TsapiPlatformException: no conf event

At least it feels like I'm moving forward. I have searched around for information on this exception but the Avaya site doesn't seem to have anything. I have tried it with no calls and with calls in progress but it gives the same error.

Thanks again for helping me to get this far!
Neil
MartinFlynn
Neil wrote:Thanks Martin,

My application manager seems to be slightly different (doesn't have a networking option) but by going to the service: System : Lan1 : SIP Registrar it shows the TCP port as 5060.
Neil

That doesn't look correct at all. I do not think you were logging into the AE Services. Point your browser to https://<IP address of AE Services> and login.
Neil_deprecated
Thanks again for your tolerance....

I logged onto the ip address using IE. I get the attached screen which shows the port as 50804. I fed that into TSAPI.pro but still got :
2014-01-31 14:31:47,158 [main] ERROR com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TsapiSessionFactory - enumServices() </192.168.16.200:50804>: com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.TsapiPlatformException: no conf event

It still doesn't show a service in the list! I must be doing something really basic. Any thoughts appreciated,
Neil
  • [Thumb - AvayaCpt1.PNG]
[Disk] Download
MartinFlynn
That is an IP Office manager.

JTAPI is used with a Communication Manager via an Application Enablement Service. It does not interface with IP Office.

I think you need the TAPI SDK (not to be confused with the TSAPI SDK which is also used with Communication Manager).

Martin
Neil_deprecated
Thanks Martin,
That explains a lot. I have gone through the Avaya site looking for TAPI and IP Office. I have found an SDK V2.0 but that is all C based. Is there a Java library available to be able to talk to IP Office?

Thanks for your help,
Neil
Neil_deprecated
It looks like I should be using DMCC. I'll give that a go!

Thanks again,
Neil
MartinFlynn
DMCC also works with Communication Manager & AE Services.

The C based TAPI SDK is the only one available.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view