ArunNair
Hi experts ,
I want to execute this function from dialog designer database operations wizard.
Select loan.checkid(1234567890) from dual;
I selected data source name , operation as execute gave the file name and selected next I selected the function which has input and return . Also i tried with result set.
I execute the query with the I'd number as parameter and nothing happens.

Please help.
ArunNair
can anyone confirm whether i can execute a function from Dialog Designer.
NeilGoldsmith
Do you have an app log and a log from the DB?
WilsonYu
What kind of function is loan.checkid? To my knowledge, there is no such system function on Oracle.
ArunNair
Dear Wilson,
loan.check is is function that i created to get the details of the loan that the owner of a particular ID number has.
This function has a single parameter, the ID number of the person. This function returns me a string which includes all the details of the loan which i plays back to the caller. Also he can check the status of his loan request, say approved pending, rejected etc...

By the way the problem was when i was executing the function with the right parameter from the Dialog designer it was not displaying the result in the results field, but when i tried with an invalid parameter i was getting error message. So i decided to test it live and uploaded the application to Voice portal and tested it, to my surprise i was getting the right result !!!!

It means i was not getting result from the dialog designer database operation tab but actually it was working.

I debugged the application and generated report for all the variables and everything returned by the function is perfect.

Still i don't understand why am not getting the result displayed when i execute it from dialog designer.
WilsonYu
How did you create the select query in the first place? I don't think the OBOP wizard UI allow you to do that. You can only create select query from a table although you could modify the query in the Java code to make it run at runtime.
ArunNair
Hi Wilson ,
DBOP wizard will allow you to do this, I did it and its go live for us next Monday.
Please find the attachment.
  • [Thumb - Capture.JPG]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Oh, I see, this is what we expect you to do. You confused me earlier by say you try to run the select statement with the function - "Select loan.checkid(1234567890) from dual".

I think there maybe a bug in display the return value in a function in the UI. I can assure you that if runtime works, it's fine because the UI and runtime are using different code. UI is more for validating the DBOP at design time.
ArunNair
Sorry if I confused you :(
What I meant was how to execute that statement which I execute from sqldeveloper in dialog designer , my bad that I didn't explain and confused you.
Alex012024
ArunNair wrote:Hi experts ,
I want to execute this function from dialog designer database operations wizard.
Select loan.checkid(1234567890) from dual;
I selected data source name , operation as execute gave the file name and selected next I selected the function which has input and return . Also i tried with result set.
I execute the query with the I'd number as parameter and nothing happens.

Please help.

This link may help you
https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodocs2/dialog_designer/r3_0/DD_GettingStarted.pdf
Go to:   
Mobile view