RajeshBairagoni
Hi,

We are calling external vxml application using sudialog , I write all the subdialog logic in the VXMLSERVLET node. I want to set the subdilaog return value to the DD project label variables.

Please guide me here or provide me some sample application.

Thanks,
Rajesh
NeilGoldsmith
You need to return the value in a namelist like below:

1:<vxml version="2.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml" xml:lang="en-us">
2:<meta name="author" content="Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer"/>
3:<meta name="runtime-version" content="07.00.18.01"/>
4:<meta name="runtimecommon-version" content="07.01.00.00"/>
5:<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright (c) 2002-2011, Avaya"/>
6:<form id="untitledReturn1">
7:<block>
8:<var name="myOutput" expr="'somevalue'"/>
9:<return namelist="myOutput"/>
10:</block>
11:</form>
12:</vxml>
RajeshBairagoni
Thanks!! for the reply.

can you please let me know how to catch external vxml returned values in Avaya DD VXMLSERVLET and assign to project variables ?

Thanks,
Rajesh
NeilGoldsmith
You would invoke the subdialog and save off the return value.

In this case, I have an OD app with a complex variable called child1 that has a field called output1 which is where I want to store the return value.

1:<vxml version="2.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml" xml:lang="en-us">
2:<meta name="author" content="Avaya Aura Orchestration Designer"/>
3:<meta name="runtime-version" content="07.00.18.01"/>
4:<meta name="runtimecommon-version" content="07.01.00.00"/>
5:<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright (c) 2002-2011, Avaya"/>
6:<form id="child1">
7:<var name="child1___output1"/>
8:<subdialog name="child1" src="/child/Start?___DDSESSIONID=F406A5714E6725CF65CDF08C7DBD56E8%3A%2Fparent&sagecall=english&sagecfhport=50637&sagecfhhost=LU110978" method="get">
9:<filled>
10:<assign name="child1___output1" expr="child1.output1"/>
11:</filled>
12:</subdialog>
13:<catch event="connection.disconnect">
14:<goto next="AvayaDefaultDisconnectHandler?___DDSESSIONID=F406A5714E6725CF65CDF08C7DBD56E8%3A%2Fparent"/>
15:</catch>
16:<block>
17:<submit next="untitledReturn1?___DDSESSIONID=F406A5714E6725CF65CDF08C7DBD56E8%3A%2Fparent" namelist="child1__output1" method="post"/>
18:</block>
19:</form>
20:</vxml>
RajeshBairagoni
When i try to access Avaya OD variables inside Vxml servlet with user defined vxml piece of code , its considering as string and not assigning the returned values by another vxml application (not an Avaya VP application ) to Avaya OD variables.

Note: I have tried the way you have mentioned.

Can you please help me ?

Thanks
RajeshBairagoni
Hi,

If you consider below piece of code

I am invoking Avaya VP application using subdialog in vxml servlet.TestApp is returning output1 , when i assign

out.println("<assign name=\"output1\" expr=\"testSubdialog.output1\"/>");

I do not see the value with testSubdialog.output1

out.println("<var name=\"input1\" expr=\"'test'\"/>");
out.println("<var name=\"output1\" />");
out.println("<subdialog name=\"testSubdialog\" srcexpr=\"\'http://hostname/TestApp/Start\'\" namelist=\"input1\">");
out.println("<filled>");
out.println("<assign name=\"output1\" expr=\"testSubdialog.output1\"/>");
out.println("</filled>");
out.println("</subdialog>");

and also how do we assign testSubdialog.output1 value to Avaya OD variable using user defined vxml servlet.

Thanks
RajeshBairagoni
Hi NeilGoldsmith,

As you have given some piece of code .
Its looks like you have imported another AOD app as a resuable module in Avaya OD.

Here I am writing plain vxml code with subdialog to call another AOD application inside VXML Servlet node of Avaya OD .

I am not able to catch response of called application.

Can you please suggest me the way , how to call another vxml application with plain vxml subdialog ?

Thanks
Rajesh
NeilGoldsmith
OD uses standard VXML. The subdialog call in my example, upon filled you reference the subdialog by name and the return value: child1.output1

In OD, we store that as a complex var field: child1___output1 The underscores are a notation to store the value as complex. You could bypass the complex format and just use a simple name as a simple variable.

Can you show me both the subdialog and calling VXML? You can also look at the AVB on the MPP to see how it is handling your VXML to make sure there aren't any errors. Look at the sessionslot log for the AVB.
AmbikaSivasurianarayanan
Hi Neil,

From my parent OD application I am calling a second OD application using SubDialog. I am also dynamically updating the "webappentrypoint" and "inputparms" in the java file using the
@Override
public String updateWebAppEntryPoint(SCESession mySession, String appName, String moduleName, String oldEntryPoint)

and

@Override
public void updateInputParams(Collection inputParams, SCESession mySession)

In the called application I am returning an output variable, how do I see this in the calling(parent) application?
Appreciate your help on this.
WilsonYu
What do you mean by returning an output variable? Values are supposed to be returned using output parameters from the called app.
Go to:   
Mobile view