BenHoover
When my call monitoring application starts up I would like to get the registration status for the extensions I'm monitoring. I'm using TSAPI to do this. The response that I get to my cstaEscapeService() is VALUE_OUT_OF_RANGE. I can confirm that I negotiate private data version 11 when I open the stream. This AES was just recently updated to version 6.3.1 to provide this capability. Are there any configuration changes that have to be made to support this?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
I take it you are using the Query Endpoint Registration Info Service.

What version of Communication Manager are you using?
BenHoover
That is correct. Supposedly the CM version is 6.3.2 but this is at a customer site and I am just taking their word for it. Is there a way that I can confirm the CM version?

-Ben
MartinFlynn
As far as I know, you can only get the Communication Manager version by typing swversion at the linux prompt.

Check that the TSAPI Link is administered with ASAI Link Version 6. Use the AE Services -> TSAPI -> TSAPI Links menu on the AE Services Web Interface to do this.
BenHoover
Ok thanks. It appears I don't have access to that section of the web interface so I'll have to check with the customer. Is the ASAI link version just a configuration item or does it requires some sort of upgrade?

-Ben
MartinFlynn
You can configure a preferred version when configuring the TSAPI link. However, the version chosen will be the best that can be negotiated between the Communication Manager and AE Services. It will not be higher than the version you select but it could be lower.

Martin
BenHoover
We changed the ASAI link version to 6 and everything is working as expected. Thanks for your help. I'm having a little trouble interpreting the registration info that I'm getting. As part of our application I need to determine the IP address that an extension is located at. For some of the extensions that I query I get that an extension has two registered endpoints with different IP addresses. What does this mean ?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
It could mean that there is a DMCC endpoint at the station extension as well as the physical phone.

The TSAPI Programmers Guide gives a description of all the values in the event. This should give you a clue as to what the different endpoints are.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view