BenHoover
In my application, I'm monitoring a handful of extensions and would like to get an event when an agent logs into one of those extensions. Is there an event that will notify me of this?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
If you monitor a Hunt Group, you will get an event every time one of it's agents logs in or out.

Many people create a dummy skill (huntgroup) and allocate it to all agents. They then monitor this dummy huntgroup and get en event whenever any agent logs in. This is simpler than trying to monitor all huntgroups.

Martin
BenHoover
Thanks, that's probably what I want. How do I go about monitoring a huntgroup?

-Ben
MartinFlynn
Which SDK are you using?
BenHoover
TSAPI.
MartinFlynn
cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice()
BenHoover
The TSAPI document says the following about cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice():

"Skill Hunt Groups — A skill hunt group (split) cannot be monitored directly by an
application. The VDN providing access to the vector(s) controlling the hunt group
can be monitored instead, if event reports for calls delivered to the hunt group
are desired."

Will this limit what I'm trying to do?

-Ben
MartinFlynn
My apologies. To monitor a huntgroup, use cstaMonitorDevice():

ACD split — An ACD split can be monitored by this service. The monitor will only receive Agent Event Reports.
BenHoover
Is an ACD split the same as a skill group. I have a list of skill groups from our customer but when I try to monitor any of them using cstaMonitorDevice() with the TSAPI exerciser I get INVALID_CSTA_DEVICE_IDENTIFIER.

-Ben
MartinFlynn
I do not think I have ever come across the term "skill group" before. A Skill is the same thing as a Hunt Group. As far as I know, an ACD Split is the same as a Hunt Group.

If you want me to help you figure out why you are getting an error, you can open a tech support ticket and include the request you are sending to the AE Services.

Please note, for non-paid members, there is a fee for this service.

Martin
BenHoover
I got this working. The numbers the customer gave me initially were the hunt group numbers rather than their extensions. Thanks for all your help.

-Ben
Go to:   
Mobile view