Author Message
MattBystrzak
Joined: Jan 12, 2014
Messages: 0
Offline
Hello, I have been trying to use JTAPI to program against my AES server. I'm just getting started with the API and am trying to develop an extremely basic app that gets caller id information and displays it on the screen. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to work.
So what I did was strip out all of my code and start from scratch. I successfully got a return on getProvider(); but I tried to use the Provider.getState(); to try to make sure it was in service however, it returned a value of 17 which, from what I read indicates that the provider is out of service.
I'm looking to see if anyone has dealt with this and what the resolution might be.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
JohnBiggs
Joined: Jun 20, 2005
Messages: 968
Location: Thornton, CO
Online
Start simpler...
+ Have you provisioned AE Services server for TSAPI as described in the AE Services Administration and Maintenance guide?
+ Does the TSAPI Test utility in the AE Services OA&M Utilities work?
+ Does the JTAPI exerciser work?
+ Do the sample apps work?

These are all building blocks to making sure the problem is not with your environment and is with your code.
MattBystrzak
Joined: Jan 12, 2014
Messages: 0
Offline
Thanks for the response John. As it appears, I missed a few steps.

TSAPI Test Result
cstaMakeCall() failed with ACS Universal Failure Error 63:
Device list is empty.

Back to the beginning.
MattBystrzak
Joined: Jan 12, 2014
Messages: 0
Offline
Looks like my user wasn't granted unrestricted access. My issue is resolved and my program is now getting a value of 16 for the state.

Thanks again for you help.
JohnBiggs
Joined: Jun 20, 2005
Messages: 968
Location: Thornton, CO
Online
I do not believe that being granted unrestricted access by itself fixes a problem with Provider.getState() being OUT_OF_SERVICE, but I am happy you are making progress.
Go to:   
Mobile view