EricWainz3
I updated the <SQLQuery> in the DBOP file so that it only returns back the TOP(5) records and I have to sort descending. This is a MSSQL Server connection.

I see the file edited but when the application executes it runs the default SQLQuery built from the Database Operation File wizard.

Any ideas?
NeilGoldsmith
You shouldn't edit that file directly. You can edit the Java code and change the SQL query

The class constructor after the //End tag, you can modify the setSQLQuery call

For example:
//}}END:CLASS:CONSTRUCTOR

setSQLQuery("SELECT Customer.Cust_ID, Customer.First_Name, Customer.Last_Name FROM dbo.Customer WHERE ( Customer.Cust_ID = ? )");
EricWainz3
When I right click on the DBOP does not have an option to Edit Java under Orchestration Designer.
EricWainz3
I found it.
That worked.
Thanks.
GayathriManickam
Inside select dbop file is it possible to add an INSERT query after the //END CLASS CONSTRUCTOR line? Only select seems to work inside the select DBOP file. Is this the case or am I missing something? :?
WilsonYu
If it's a totally different query, I would suggest you start with the dbop wizard because you need to setup the parameters too.
GayathriManickam
Thanks.
Inside the INSERT DBOP file after //END CLASS CONSTRUCTOR, i have written manual insert query with different table name.. it's not working.
If possible please post me sample code.
WilsonYu
Can you show me your change and the error? If you just changed the table name, I don't know why it wouldn't work. Essentially, the system just executes the query. You have to make sure the table definition is the same as the original one.
GayathriManickam
Thanks.
I am using different table it contains different column name. It shows bind variable does not exist error.

setSQLQuery("INSERT INTO USE.FEEDBACKRESULT ( CLID, RESULT, UCID, STARTDATE, ENDDATE ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )");
addParameter(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQueryParam("CLID",0,12, "InsertDB:CLID"));

setSQLQuery("INSERT INTO USE.FEEDBACKIVR ( QUESTIONNO) VALUES ( ? )");
addParameter(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQueryParam("QUESTIONNO",0,12, "Ins:ques"));
WilsonYu
You need change to a new set of parameters by doing something like this:

List parameters = new ArrayList();
parameters.add(new com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQueryParam("QUESTIONNO",0,12, "Ins:ques"));
setParameters(parameters);
GayathriManickam
Thank you so much Wilsonyu . your answer is really helpful to solve my issue.
It's working.

GayathriManickam
In database manually editing data source is possible?
RossYakulis
try looking at "setConnectionProperties" a method in the base class DBQuery. The properties if set are passed to the database open (Database.open(connProperties))
GayathriManickam
Hi,

Is it possible to execute database queries without dragging and dropping the Database Operation node in Orchestration Designer?

I have created a separate JAVA file to do this (without using the DBOP node), and am able to set and get the connection parameters using the ConnectionProperties class. But I am unable to execute the query and see the effect in the table. I also get no errors. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
RossYakulis
You can always write java code using the jdbc api and then store the results into OD variables yourself. I am not sure why you would want to do that.
Go to:   
Mobile view