GregPribyl
I am wondering how the Expected Waiting Time is calculated for the multicast
data. We have a description of, "The time that a new call is expected to wait
before being answered by an agent with this skillset," but it doesn't tell us
what the calculation is, so we can determine if this is the correct value for
our needs. Thank you.
FergusCameron [Avatar]
The expected wait time seems to be a bit of voodoo. You'll see references to it in the RTD, the Orchestration Designer and in the Client Administration documents; the last of these is the most informative but still tells you little about the internals. If you truly need more specifics you could open a tech-ticket and we can go to development, HOWEVER, I'd caution that it's a paid service and you may not get any more details than the documents currently provide -- they would probably, at least, clarify whether it's the same algorithm that's used in the other components (I currently assume that it is but that may not be the case). I guess you need to weigh up the value of the information against the cost of developing your own algorithm.

Personally, I think about it like a weighted average that's modified by number of agents, queues and historical data -- but that's just a guess. Sorry I can't say more -- perhaps others can.
GregPribyl
Thank you for your insight Fergus Cameron. We are trying to see if this value would be valuable to tell customers before they entered a skillset queue. It would be nice to give them an expected wait time, but want to know how it is calculated first before we use it. It may be better to us to just come up with our own calculation so we know exactly what that value is. Currently we just give the number of customers in the queue and the longest call waiting. This at least gives customers an idea of what to expect.
FergusCameron [Avatar]
I believe that's what it's commonly used for (although more commonly it is pulled during orchestration and fed to the IVR, rather than from the RTD stream). I wouldn't be optimistic about getting detailed algorithmic spec. (probably proprietary) but your BDM or Avaya Support may be able to give you confidence from experience, rather than from an algorithm. Good luck, either way.
GregPribyl
I did find some more documentation from the documents you mentioned, but it was just basic definitions, and no sort of algorithm. I am talking with Avaya Support to see if they can give me any more details. Thanks for your help.
Go to:   
Mobile view