RossYakulis
on 11 I agree, as for #10, we only support a "record" (a.k.a database) style variables. At this point in OD that will not change. Was it the best choice... that could be debated but generally covers 90% of things.
VasilyL
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the answers!

Regarding #8,9 - it is clear that it could be solved by copy-paste. I do not know why it did not work but now I did a double check and see that copy-paste works...

Regarding #10- OK, clear.

Regarding #11 - I suppose that you will take it into account as improvement.
HuseyinAksu2
Hi Guys,

I am trying to import the attached wsdl but Avaya WSOP gives the following error.

If I try to import via Avaya WSOP axis 1.4, it gives the following error.
-> “Duplicate file name: C:\AAOD6.0\eclipse\XXXXXX\YYYYYY\WEB-INF\src\connectivity\ws\beans\Response.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name”

If I try to import Avaya WSOP axis2, it gives the following error.
-> "org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL"

Thank you.

HuseyinAksu2
The wsdl is attached.
Filename Common-NotificationCenter.wsdl [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
HuseyinAksu2, please put your post in a separate thread.
VasilyL
Hi Ross and Wilson!

I have one more proposal.
OD has a feature: Avaya Aura -> Orchestration Designer -> Speech -> "Generate timestamp during code generation".

Personally I do not like when each regenerated java class is changed with a timestamp only. It is not convenient when you need to check the difference between two versions of an application. So, disabling this feature is a good option for me.
But now, after investigations of many different IVR applications I see that a timestamp could play a good role. I still do not need it in each file but I would prefer to have only one file instead that contains a timestamp. The reason of that: most of IVR applications which I faced were in a general file systems but was not in any control versioning systems. So, each new version was made by different IVR programmer with different code style in a different folder (!!!) with a specific name without any explanations... If you do not have timestamp then it could be hard to know when the code was regenerated and who actually did it...

So, my proposal is to add an internal file like project.timestamp (as a part of a project) which will contain the timestamp and user id of the person who did the code regeneration.
My initial idea was to add a timestamp in any already existed project file but I see that they are not really intended to keep such information.

Another argument for this idea: you cannot force to put a timestamp in a subset of regenerated files, so it is added in all files. But why don't add a timestamp in one single place(file) instead?

Hope I was clear with my explanations.
VasilyL
Hi Guys!

One more thing takes some extra time. During development I do a lot of application Export operations.
For example, it takes some time to select appropriate Platform, deselect "Reset tracing in the deployed appliacation...", include extra files and folders...
If I correctly remember you said that ant will be available for project creation soon.
But may be it could be useful to have Export Profile where you select\deselect all required option and save it. Then just one click and you have war file in desired place.
What do you think?
VasilyL
Hi!

One more idea has come to my tired brain.

Working on a different kind of IVR projects (which I developed or which I inherited from other developers) I see some difficulties when starting to recall project details or investigate and old project variables.

1. Sometimes project variables are created for some purposes but later the functional part (on the main.flow) is removed but the project variable is still in "project.variables". And to understand this you need to do some investigations.

2. Sometimes I need to find all the places where project variable is used.
I use workarounds:
1. With search help
a) Search a field from IProjectVariable.java "Open Call Hierarchy"
b) Open generated java code for Data node, find the generated java code where variable is used and finally use global text search with that variable.
2. Renaming trick.
Sounds strange but if you use version control system you can rename variable in "project.variables" and in the changed files you will see all the usages of that variable.

Of course it is inconvenient ways...

From my point of view it could be a cool idea to have an option to "Show all usages" for that particular variable. At least "trick with renaming" makes all the magic to find all the usages. So, more or less it is possible to do.

Thanks in advance!
WilsonYu
You can try right-click on the variable in the project tree in the Avaya OD Variable view, and select Search from the context menu that pops up. The search result should appear in the Search view. It would show all the operations that use the variable. Same thing if you do Ctrl-H to bring up the Search dialog when you have the variable highlighted, you can start searching on various OD specific items.
VasilyL
Hi Wilson!
Thanks for the tip!
It makes search easier among data blocks!

But Is there any way to see Java Servlets in the results of such kind of search?
I see that it shows data blocks\prompts\etc... but not Java servlets.

Thanks in advance!
WilsonYu
For servlets, you have use the File Search in the Search dialog to search for the string as all Java developers do.
VasilyL
Hi Wilson, Ok, I see.
Thanks!
VasilyL
Hi guys!

I have one more question\proposal.

All the time I do reporting or tracing with "Trace" and "Report" items I think about: why it is not possible to use variables in Activity name or Message fields?

Sometimes it could very simplify code. Otherwise I force to add Servlet and make reporting in Java code.

What do you think?
WilsonYu
I have not seen similar request before. So you need the activity name to be dynamically determined?
VasilyL
Well, yes.
Dynamically formed activity name can be sometimes very powerful.

And of cause Message field which I need from time to time to fill with some variable instead of constant text.

So, to solve it I use Servlets with Java code to implement such idea.
Go to:   
Mobile view