LeeDavis
Hi,

I'm looking for more detailed documentation for the Real-Time Data API. I'm finding that the guide here (https://devconnect.avaya.com/secure/download/CCMS/rtdguide7.0.pdf) is not sufficient in some cases.

Specifically I'm after more information on the following two return codes:

NIrtd_eSERV_INIT 60018 (returned from NIrtd_login)

and

NIrtd_eDP_FAILURE 60059 (returned from NIrtd_startDataStream)

I need to know what the specific meaning is, what the cause for the errors are and what the resolution should be.

Thanks,
Lee.
TiagoJoãoPires
Hi,

I can't remember if I ever found 60018, but 60059 is related with the port used for streaming. Check if the port is already in use by other program or service.

Cheers,
Pires
ChrisTapp
I'm getting 60059 reported as well - which port is used for streaming?

Thanks !
TiagoJoãoPires
Hi,

Port is 10000, but 60059 is not port problem. I had too much problems with RTD API and started a new version with multicast. Easier to implement and understand. RTD API was giving me errors related with memory violation.

Did you took a look at RSM?

Cheers,
Pires
TiagoJoãoPires
My reply is a bit strange!!! Backup exec uses port 10000. Are you using it?
ChrisTapp
I've only got nbnmsrvc.exe listening on port 10000, which sounds plausible to me.

I'm not sure that multicast is the way to go for this project, but I'll have a look at RSM and see what it does. Thanks for the suggestion.
TiagoJoãoPires
Ok,

has I said, my other post was a bit strange, was answering from my phone. What I mean: the port used for DP is 10000 and I had 60059 because backupExec was using the same port. But 60059 is not exclusive to port errors. 60059 is a tentative to propagate data failed.

Note: I'm not an expert in this, my experience is due to a project we have for our callcenter. this means, if a ever said something wrong I appreciate you or someone to tell me and if possible teach me. I just want you to have some kind of assist that I didn't have when needed!
Go to:   
Mobile view