BenHoover
What is the expected call flow for a call that is transferred to an extension that I'm monitoring? I'm seeing conflicting behavior in my test environment versus a customer location. In my test environment when the transfer is initiated I get a transferred event for that extension. If the transfer is cancelled I get a cleared event and if the transfer is completed I get an established event. In the customer environment, I get a transferred event for an extension but I never get an established event when the transfer completes. To handle this I'm treating the transfer event as an implied establish event. My concern is that if I'm not getting an establish event when the transfer completes, then I may also not be getting a cleared event if the transfer doesn't complete so now I think that I have this connected call hanging out there forever. Any thoughts on what might be happening here or if there's a configuration change that could be made at the customer site to replicate the behavior in my test environment?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
There seems to be a bit of confusion here. The Transferred event is only sent after the transfer has been completed. Once it is sent, the transferring phone is not part of the call and will not receive any further events for it.

Martin
BenHoover
Ok well that matches up with what I'm seeing at our customer site but not in my test environment which is the BDE. The issue then is when a call is transferred to an extension that I am monitoring, I never get a cleared event for it, or at least not for some long period of time. After the transferred event is received I see many other calls established and cleared for that extension but no activity for the initial transferred call. Is here any other explanation other than that call is really staying up that long?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
If you get a connection cleared event for a call, that is when the phone dropped from the call. If there are only two parties in the call, then that is when the call ended.
BenHoover
As I understand it, the transfer event happens when the transfer is created not when the new transferred call is connected. Say a call from an outside number is answered by extension A (which I'm not monitoring). Extension A transfers to extension B (which I am monitoring). Extension A is no longer part of the call and I get a transferred event for extension B with new call ID X. Extension B is now ringing. There are many cases where I get no more events for extension B and call ID X.
MartinFlynn
When the call is transferred to B, it's monitor should receive a Delivered event, Transferred event and, if answered, an Established event. The order will vary slightly, depending on whether B answered before A completed the transfer. You should also receive a ConnectionCleared event, if the call is not transferred again.

As far as I know, the transferred event does not contain a single CallID. Instead, it contains a Primary Old Call Id and a Secondary Old call ID. Are you sure you are using the correct one?
BenHoover
I am using the secondary call ID from the transferred event (the primary call ID is the ID associated with the first leg of the call, extension A). What should I expect if after the transfer happens and extension B is ringing then the far end hangs up before B answers? I would think I would get a cleared event. It would seem like under no circumstance should I receive no further events for that call ID for that extension.

-Ben
MartinFlynn
I would tent to agree but without going through all the traces and checking your call flow and configuration, I can't be sure what is happening. Unfortunately, I cannot offer that type of service in the forum.

If you want me to help further, you will need to open a Tech Support ticket from the Devconnect Support menu above.

Please note that, for non-paid members, there is a fee for this service.

Martin
BenHoover
I'm seeing a similar result in a slightly different scenario. Say I'm monitoring 2 extensions, A and B. A makes an outgoing call with call ID X. A places call on hold and calls B with call ID Y. A then transfers the calls together.

In my BDE environment:
In the transfer event for extension B the primary call ID is Y and the secondary call ID is X. The cleared event for B has call ID X.

In customer production environment:
In the transfer event for extension B the primary call ID is X and the secondary call ID is Y. The cleared event for B has call ID Y.

To me, the production environment seems more correct because call ID X isn't associated with extension B. Any thoughts?

MartinFlynn
The production environment has the behavior that I would expect.

You can get more information on how CallIDs change during conferences and transfers in the FAQ "Can you explain the behavior of how CallIDs and UCIDs merge in conference and transfer scenarios?". It is in the section FAQ: AE Services General.

Martin

Go to:   
Mobile view