muhammadabrar2
We have old Nortel CS1000 and I want to know if there is any way to connect this with AES.
JohnMacAuley2
There is currently no mechanism to connect an AES to a CS1000, however, if you are looking for TR-87 control of the CS1000 it is possible.

The CS1000 signalling server provides a TR-87 interface for CS1000 phones. You will also need an NRS fronting the CS1000, or a newer ASM 6.1 with CS1000 7.5.
muhammadabrar2
Hi, It's a long time I am posting on this thread. I have the same question but for the newer version of cs1000e. Would it be possible to connect AES with CS1000e 7.6? If we use TR-78 option to integrate AES with CS 1000e, will the AES provide advance routing capabilities? If not, what options are available to develop third party routing applications to be used with CS 1000e?

Thanks,
Abrar
JohnBiggs
There is no change in AEServices supporting CS1K. One possible integration point would be Agile Communication Environment (aka ACE). I will ask someone familiar with CS1K CTI integration to provide some alternate mechanisms to interface a CTI application with CS1K.
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
From your perspective the available CS1000 interfaces have not changed between 7.5 and 7.6.
As mentioned previously, CS1000 contains a TR-87 interface on the Signaling Server which talks SIP to Session Manager.
However, the TR-87 protocol would only facilitate CTI control, not call routing.
There are 4 different sets of web services available on the CS1000, but these are used for provisioning and configuration. Again, they would not offer dynamic call routing.
There is a document describing these CS1000 web services here:
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100170583
John

muhammadabrar2
Thanks John.
What do you think about MLS? I have read on forum that this can be used for this purpose but I could not find any documentation.

JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
MLS would do what you are looking for I think.
However, MLS is an AACC component. So, you would need to add an AACC server to the solution. Also, MLS is a proprietary protocol (not a web service). The protoccol is licensable, so there would be an additional cost involved. AES would not be able to communicate to MLS.
John
muhammadabrar2
Thanks again John.

While I was searching on forum, I have come across couple of other SDKS/API. Do you think any of following can serve the purpose.
HDX
RSM
RTD

Again I am not able to find any documentation. Can you please point me to some documentation about these? What additional component/server would be required to use any of these? Are these licensable?

Thanks,
Abrar
Go to:   
Mobile view