BenHoover
Is it possible using either the TSAPI SDK or DMCC to obtain the IP address of the IP phones that my application wants to monitor?
MartinFlynn
No. But I think you may be able to get them via the SMS API.

Martin
BenHoover
Thanks for the quick replay. The latest documentation (AES 6.3.1) says that there is no license required for SMS but I saw some older posts that mention that an SMS license is required. Do you know in which version of AES the need for an SMS license no longer became mandatory?
MartinFlynn
Hi Ben,

I have never heard of a licensing requirement for SMS. I don't remember any SMS licenses in 4.2 license files when I had a 4.2 AE Services.

I see that my negative response about DMCC & TSAPI is now out of date. A new feature called "Endpoint Registration Enhancements" was added with Communications Manager 6.3 and AE Services 6.3.1. This allows a DMCC client to monitor or query (EndpointRegistrationInfoRequest) endpoints and retrieve certain information about them. This (for H.323 endpoints at least) should include the IP address.

The feature usedsthe TSAPI service and it is also available to TSAPI and JTAPI clients.

Note that the monitor uses a basic TSAPI license so it may be expensive if you are not already monitoring the phones. I am not sure if a license is used when performing the one-off EndpointRegistrationInfoRequest.

There is a brief description in "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification" release 6.3, Oct 2013.

Martin
JohnBiggs
In AE Services 4.0 4.1 and 4.2 a SMS license is required per active connection to Communication Manager. This license was not present in AE Services 3.x, 5.x or 6.x.
Go to:   
Mobile view