CharanKurella
Hello

I am trying to send some requests via Webservice client to Avaya SMS to list all Stations, VDN's and Hunt groups.

Looks like it is taking ages to get that list.

Firstly I was getting sockettimeout exception. Now after increasing the response timeout on SMS, it seems to be working, but I have to mention the count and try to minimize the retrieval count.

Whole Idea is I want the complete list for monitoring purposes and I don't want to depend on customers.

Also is there any manual for formatting the submitrequest.xml in terms of adding qualifiers etc. I want to know the syntax. Can someone suggest me the location to search for please.

Thank you
CharanKurella
Also in addition to my previous queries, can you please confirm how much is the maximum timeout setting that I can use on SMS. At the moment it is taking about a minute. Is that really fine or will this affect anywhere else.
CraigJohnson5
The recommended way to retrieve larger amounts of data is to use the qualifier as it sounds like you are doing. The SMS SDK has a document called Usage.doc that is located in the main directory. It has more information on submitting requests and using the qualifier to make all of your data sets smaller.

CharanKurella
Can you confirm how much is the maximum response time that we can set? Because it is taking a minute, is that fine?
CraigJohnson5
There isn't a maximum on what you can set. You just want to make sure it is high enough to get a response. One minute is fine if you are getting the results back that you are looking for, and you are okay with a minute. You should get faster retrieval times by using the count and to-ext qualifier.
Go to:   
Mobile view